All you need to know – DW Macclesfield
The Silk Works, Pickford Street, Macclesfield SK11 6JD
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at DW Macclesfield – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: DW Fitness Macclesfield
Parking: Please allow plenty of time to park in the town centre car park, there is constant movement but it can take up to 15 minutes. Customers park and sign in with reception, collect a token and get a ticket from the machine in the foyer for 2 hours free parking. Please allow extra time to do this.
Please read this COVID-19 Pool Information Document for Everlast Macclesfield as some of the information below is superseded by what is in this document.
- You’ll need a £1 coin to secure your locker
- Don’t forget your Baby or Mini Wetsuit or Thermal Top. These are available from our online shop.
- Please sign in at reception desk on arrival
- You will be asked to have a shower before entering the pool
- Swim Academy: Each week we require one parent poolside as a ‘spotter’ to help get parents if a child needs the toilet
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not yet fully potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- All Swim Academy Children must wear swim hats in the pool. You can find these plus our range of goggles and other Swim Accessories here
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks use a roped off area of the pool, the remainder of the pool is open to Leisure Club Members.
Changing rooms: There are separate changing rooms for males and females and we operate a strict Male/Female changing room policy for Swim Academy customers. This means:
- Female Changing rooms - All mums should go in here. No dads. Any child under the age of 8 can go into this changing room accompanied by their mum.
- Male Changing rooms - All dads should go in here. No mums. Any child under the age of 8 can go into this changing room.
- Children aged 8 and over are to change in their own sex changing room. This may mean meeting their parent on poolside if they are accompanied by a parent of the opposite sex.
There is a separate cubicle at all pools if anybody is uncomfortable with these arrangements.
Poolside assistant: There is no Puddle Ducks poolside assistant.
Spectators: Unfortunately, you cannot spectate at this pool.
- Pool temperature: 29°C. For babies under 12 months a Baby or Mini Wetsuit will be needed. A Thermal Top will make it more comfortable for children up to 2. These can be purchased from our online shop.
- Depth: 1.2m.
- Maximum class ratios: 8 children/adult pairs:1 teacher.
Helping you to make your special time last even longer…that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the class with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
West Park, Prestbury Road
South Park, Park Vale Road, Park Lane
Victoria Park, Norton Street
Lots to choose from in Macclesfield town centre