All you need to know – Woodlawn School
Drumoyne Gardens, Monkseaton, NE25 9DL
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Woodlawn School – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Woodlawn School
Parking: We are not permitted to use the school car park for Health & safety reasons on weekdays. At the weekend, feel free to use any available space in the car park.
Please park your car in the surrounding streets. Please be careful not to park in the disabled spaces or on dropped kerbs as traffic wardens are very strict in this area.
- To access the pool, there is a wheelchair access to the right of the school’s main entrance. Please do not use the schools main entrance. Please contact the office for the access codes to the building. The school have asked us to kindly request that you do not share this code and do not let anyone follow you in (the footballers who play in the field behind like to use the toilet facilities)
- Please ensure that you shower both yourself and your child with soap before entering the pool to ensure that chlorine levels remain in an acceptable range
- No footwear is permitted on the poolside
- Spectators are allowed to sit poolside at this venue but must remove their shoes your Poolside Assistant is on hand to help
- Please ensure that you use the nappy bins provided in some of the changing areas for disposal of nappies, or take your nappy home with you
- No food or drink, apart from bottled water, is permitted on the poolside or in the changing rooms, please save your child’s snack until after you have left the pool
- WARNING: Please don’t use the school’s beds or benches for changing your baby – they are raised and there is a real danger of babies rolling off and causing serious injury. We advise that you bring along a changing mat from home to use to change your baby at floor level
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not yet fully potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
Changing rooms: There are separate, large communal changing rooms for male and female carers, each with showers and toilet.
No buggies, prams or car seats are permitted in the changing rooms, these must be left in the lobby area.
Our classes are busy and the changing area has limited space so please be courteous to other parents and don’t leave your belongings on seats or changing tables when you are in the pool
If you need any assistance at all, our poolside assistant is there to help you and your child so please don’t hesitate to ask.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use during hire.
- Pool temperature: 32 - 34°C
- Poolside assistant: There is a Puddle Ducks poolside assistant to assist you
- Depth: 0.9m graduating to 1.5m, roped off at 1.4m
- Maximum class ratios: 10 children/adult pairs:1 teacher (Baby & Pre-school classes)
- 8:2 child/teacher (Swim Academy L1 and L2) and 8:1 child/teacher (Swim Academy L3 and L4).
Helping you to make your special time last even longer…that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the class with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
Souter Park is a short walk away.
There are numerous cafes and restaurants available in Monkseaton. We like Brown Sugar Lounge on Norham Road.