All you need to know – Josephine Butler Campus
Thorntree Gardens, Ashington, NE63 9TB
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks the Josephine Butler campus – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Josephine Butler Campus
Parking: The Josephine Butler campus is a huge site, most of which will be locked up on a weekend. Please use the postcode above to find the Primary Drop Off Zone which is where we will be able to access the School on the weekend. The main entrance will be locked. The Primary Drop off zone is at the end of Thorntree Gardens (a residential Street). Please park around the sides of the drop off zone so that people can easily enter and exit.
Please walk through the gardens (past the wigwam) and access the school through the double doors. The hydro pool is located through the first door on the left.
If you are bringing a buggy please leave it in the pool hall.
- If you are bringing a buggy, please leave it outside the main pool hall– it can’t be brought poolside
- Access to the changing rooms is via poolside. There will be notices to show you where to change
- Please ensure that you use the nappy bins provided in baby change cubicles for disposal of nappies, or take your nappy home with you
- No food is permitted on the poolside or in the changing rooms, please save your child’s snack until after you have left the pool
- WARNING: Please don’t use the school’s beds or benches for changing your baby – they are raised and there is a real danger of babies rolling off and causing serious injury. We advise that you bring along a changing mat from home to use to changing your baby at floor level, or use one of the ones provided by us
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not yet fully potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
Changing rooms: There are separate communal changing areas for male and female carers with direct access to the pool.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use during hire
Access: Spectators are allowed but there is limited space poolside.
- Pool temperature: 32-34°C. Nice warm pool so a baby warmer shouldn’t be necessary
- Poolside assistant: There is no poolside assistant at this pool
- Depth: 1.0m throughout
- Maximum class ratios: 7 children/adult pairs:1 teacher
Helping you to make your special time last even longer…that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the class with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
Hirst Park is lovely for a walk around after your class.
The café at Banana Beach is a good, child-friendly option.