Welcome to our Wrinehill Mill Farm in Betley venue!
We teach our Baby & Pre-School swimming classes here at this farm venue nestled in between Crewe & Newcastle-under-Lyme in the rural area of Betley.
Puddle Ducks have exclusive use of this pool during lesson times and class numbers are small here with a maximum of 6 children per class.
You'll find all the information that you need for this venue below. We look forward to seeing you at the pool!
Location: Wrinehill Mill Farm, Mill Lane, Betley, CW3 9DE - put the address in Sat Nav not the postcode.
Parking & Directions - please have a look at the Google Maps link at the bottom of this page before you leave for lessons and allow plenty of time as it is not easy to find!
From the A500
- Follow the A531 South through Wychwood Village into Betley
- Drive straight through Betley passing the village stores on your right and the Hand and Trumpet Pub
- Continue past Checkley Lane on your right and out of the village, passing through the National Speed Limit Signs
- The road soon bends sharply to the left, with a small row of cottages on the right
- Turn right down the lane directly after the cottages (with a stile on the corner of the field)
- Take the A531 North towards Betley
- Before you reach Betley, the road bends to the right, and there is a lane on the left hand side. Turn left down this lane, directly before the cottages (with a stile on the corner of the field). If you reach the 30 MPH Speed limit signs for Wrinehill you have gone too far!
- Continue along the lane and under the railway bridge and then bear right when you reach the first farm buildings
- Continue straight onto Wrinehill Mill Farm, passing the duck pond on your left and the house on the right. Go past the house, down the ramp and then turn right immediately. The pool is in the building on your right
- Please do not park next to the duck pond but go beyond the farmhouse down the ramp and then turn immediately right. The pool is on your right, up a small concrete ramp. Please drive with care as there may be children, horses and dogs around
- Please do not come to the pool any sooner than 10 minutes before your class to avoid congestion on the poolside and in the changing rooms
- Outdoor shoes should be removed as you enter the building
- IMPORTANT - Look out for and read the Puddle Ducks signs and notices
- Please do not enter the pool unless told to do so by your teacher and please supervise your child at all times
- Strictly no eating or smoking on the premises
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly Nappy Wraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Baby Essentials Swim Kits which contain everything you need for your swim lesson
- Please take ALL nappies home with you
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
- Changing is poolside behind screens and there is also a small changing room with a shower and toilet.
- Please bring a changing mat for your little one (Floaties, Splashers & Kickers) to use in the changing rooms
- Please bring a towel poolside for your child
- Pool temperature: 30-31°C
- Poolside assistant: Yes
- Depth: 0.9-2m (roped off at 1.4m)
- Maximum class ratios:
- 6 children/adult pairs:1 teacher (Baby & Preschool)
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks has exclusive use of this pool during lesson times. Spectators may sit poolside but will need to remove shoes
Mobile Phones: Please remember that whilst it is fine to have your phones with you to take photos in Splash Time (as long as there are no other customers in the background), please do not use your phones in the changing rooms
Nearest Café: Betley Tea Room, Betley Court Farm, Main Road, Crewe, CW3 9BH
Nearest Park: Silverdale Country Park, Newcastle, ST5 6SR
Nearest Play Centre: Playworld, 416 Newcastle Road, Shavington, Crewe, CW2 5EB