Welcome to our Newport Junior School venue!
We teach our Baby & Pre-School swimming classes here at this school venue located just off the high street in Newport town centre.
Puddle Ducks have exclusive use of this pool during lesson times and class numbers are small here with a maximum of 8 children per class. The pool has been refurbished in recent years and is ideal for our classes. Our expert swimming teachers tailor the lessons to progress every individual at their own pace. We want all of our children to love the water and learn to swim beautifully in a fun, relaxed environment.
You'll find all the information that you need for this pool below. We look forward to seeing you at the pool!
Location: Newport C.E. Junior School, Avenue Road, Newport, Shropshire TF10 7EA
Parking & Directions: For lessons during term time when the school is open
Customers are encouraged to park at the Specsavers car park across the road from the school which has a 2 hour parking limit. Customers are reminded to be mindful of local residents and park considerately and safely if parking along the road.
There is a green gate at the front of the school with a small car park. At the back of the car park there is a gate with an intercom for access into the school grounds. Please buzz on the intercom and the reception staff will unlock the gate for you.
Parking & Directions: For lessons on a Friday evening/at the weekend and during school holidays
On a Friday evening and for lessons over the weekend, parking is available in the Specsavers car park or the school staff car park
The main entrance and intercom are not in use over the weekend, instead you will need to use the staff entrance which is further along the road from the main entrance, next to the old church building. Once in the staff car park you will then see a green gate which is open and gives you access to the school grounds.
From the South via A518:
Take the A518 towards Newport, exit onto Wellington Road, after 1.2 miles turn right at Upper Bar then left onto Avenue Road. The School is on the right.
From the South via A41:
Stay on the A41 until you reach the roundabout with Aldi and Lidl. Turn left onto the A518, at the next roundabout take the 3rd exit onto Station Road, then continue onto Upper Bar and right onto Avenue Road. The School is on the right.
From the North:
From Market Drayton head South on the A529. Turn left onto A41 and head towards Newport. At Chetwynd, turn right onto Chester Road, continue along here for 1.5 miles going past Waitrose and Costa Coffee. Then turn left on Avenue Road. The School is on the right.
- Please do not come to the pool any sooner than 15 minutes before your class to avoid congestion on the poolside and in the changing rooms
- IMPORTANT - Look out for and read the Puddle Ducks signs and notices
- Please do not enter the pool unless told to do so by your teacher
- Strictly no eating or smoking on the premises
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly Nappy Wraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Baby Essentials Swim Kits which contain everything you need for your swim lesson
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
- Push Chairs should not be taken into the pool building. There are two sheltered areas outside the pool hall that can be used, but please bring raincovers to place over where possible
- Car seats can be used but please leave poolside (not in the changing room) due to space
- There are two changing rooms, one for male and one for female customers
- There is a disabled changing room which also has the WC in it
- There is a shower poolside between the changing rooms, please shower before entering the pool
- Please bring a changing mat for your little one (Floaties, Splashers & Kickers) to use in the changing rooms
- Please bring a towel poolside for your child
- Pool temperature: 30-31°C
- Depth: 1.3m throughout
- Maximum class ratios:
- 8 children/adult pairs: 1 teacher (Baby & Preschool)
- Pool accessibility: The pool is accessible from both changing rooms
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks has exclusive use of this pool during lesson times. Spectators may sit poolside but will need to remove shoes
Mobile Phones: Please remember that whilst it is fine to have your phones with you to take photos in Splash Time (as long as there are no other customers in the background), please do not use your phones in the changing rooms.
Nearest Café: Costa Coffee, 32 High Street, Newport, TF10 7AQ
Nearest Park: Victoria Park, Water Lane, Newport, TF10 7LD
Nearest Play Centre: Tiny Town, 3 The Square, Newport, TF10 7AG