Welcome to our Aldridge School in Walsall venue!
Puddle Ducks have exclusive use of the pool during our lessons. Our expert swimming teachers tailor the lessons to progress every individual at their own pace. We want all of our children to love the water and learn to swim beautifully in a fun, relaxed environment.
You'll find all the information that you need for this pool below. We look forward to seeing you at the pool!
Location: Aldridge School, Tynings Lane, Aldridge, Walsall WS9 0BG
Parking: There is free parking in the school car park but there are different car parks for the Friday and weekend sessions
On a Friday
- From the main entrance to the school take the very first turning to the left and continue past the bike shelters on the left, there is a parking area to the left and if you follow the road a little further through the green gate past the back entrance to the School you will find another parking area, 6th form overflow car park to the left
- Finding the changing rooms from the car park - Follow the path to the left of the car park, through another green gate, keep on the path veering to the left between the school buildings. The Pool building can be found to the left. Please click here for photos to help guide you to pool as it can be a little bit tricky
On a Saturday & Sunday morning (and in the holidays)
- When the school is closed, the main entrance will be closed and so at the weekend and in the holidays you will need to use the car park accessed through the gate on Hepburn Close, the postcode is WS9 0SU (what3words - bigger.thin.stack)
- Please do not come to the pool any sooner than 15 minutes before your class to avoid congestion on the poolside and in the changing rooms
- Parents for Swim Academy swimmers must stay poolside during lessons
- IMPORTANT - Look out for and read the Puddle Ducks signs and notices
- Please do not enter the pool unless told to do so by your teacher
- Strictly no eating or smoking on the premises
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly Nappy Wraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Baby Essential Swim Kits which contain everything you need for your swim lessons.
- You can find goggles and other Swim Accessories here
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
- There are two changing rooms with direct access to pool
- Female changing rooms are accessed to the left of the building and male changing rooms are accessed to the right of the building
- There are no lockers, please don’t bring valuables to class
- Please bring a changing mat for your little one (Floaties, Splashers & Kickers) to use in the changing rooms
- Please bring a towel poolside for your child
- Please shower before entering the pool
- Pool temperature: 29°C
- Poolside assistant: There is a Puddle Ducks poolside assistant
- Depth: 0.9m graduating to 1.9m
- Maximum class ratios:
- Baby & Preschool classes 10 children: 1 teacher
- Swim Academy (Levels 1 & 2) 8 children:2 teachers or 4 children:1 teacher
- Swim Academy (Level 3) 8 children:1 teacher
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use during hire. Spectators are welcome in the pool hall but must remove shoes and remain in the spectator area at all times.
Mobile Phones: Please remember that whilst it is fine to have your phones with you to take photos in Splash Time during our Baby and Pre School lessons (as long as there are no other customers in the background), please do not use your phones in the changing rooms.
Nearest Café: Costa Coffee, 26-27 Anchor Parade, Walsall, WS9 8QP
Nearest Park: Walsall Arboretum, Lichfield Street, Walsall, WS4 2BU
Nearest Play Centre: Little Hooligans, 8a The Quarter, Lower Hall Lane, Walsall, WS1 1RH