Welcome to our Palfrey Junior School venue!
We teach our Baby & Pre-School swimming classes here at this school venue located within Walsall.
Puddle Ducks have exclusive use of this pool during lesson times and class numbers are small here with a maximum of 8 children per class. The pool is a purpose built children's swimming pool with shallow depth and is ideal for our classes. Our expert swimming teachers tailor the lessons to progress every individual at their own pace. We want all of our children to love the water and learn to swim beautifully in a fun, relaxed environment.
You'll find all the information that you need for this pool below. We look forward to seeing you at the pool!
Location: Palfrey Junior School, Dale Street, Walsall, WS1 4AH
Parking & Directions: Limited parking is available within the school grounds immediately through the gates on the left by the pool building.
Whilst the school are happy to accommodate parking onsite for swimmers, they do ask that you do not park in the following areas:
- Nominated parking bays for staff such as marked ‘Headteacher’ and alike
- Nominated parking bays for our school visitors marked ‘Visitors’
- Delivery Bay – The cars that may be parked there have permits and are authorised by the school, no swimmers should park there without prior authorisation from the Headteacher
- Disability bays are available for blue badge holders only
All cars travelling through the school site should drive at 5MPH, no car should travel at a higher speed than that.
Further parking is available in the car park next to the onsite community centre by entering through school gates and following the road round to here. Alternative street parking can be found nearby. Please do not park in the loading bays outside the pool hall.
- Please do not come to the pool any sooner than 10 minutes before your class to avoid congestion on the poolside and in the changing rooms
- IMPORTANT - Look out for and read the Puddle Ducks signs and notices
- Please do not enter the pool unless told to do so by your teacher
- Strictly no eating or smoking on the premises
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly Nappy Wraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Baby Essentials Swim Kits which contain everything you need for your swim lesson
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
- Please arrive no more than 10 minutes prior to the start of your classes to allow for change-over in the changing rooms
- The ladies and men’s changing rooms are clearly signed
- Please take ALL nappies home with you
- Please bring a changing mat for your little one (Floaties, Splashers & Kickers) to use in the changing rooms
- Please bring a towel poolside for your child
- Please supervise your child at all times
- The pool is accessible from both changing rooms
- Pool temperature: 30°C
- Poolside assistant: No
- Depth: roped off from 0.8m sloping to 0.95m
- Maximum class ratios:
- 8 children/adult pairs: 1 teacher (Baby & Preschool)
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks has exclusive use of this pool during lesson times. Spectators are welcome to attend, but must remove their shoes.
Mobile Phones: Please remember that whilst it is fine to have your phones with you to take photos in Splash Time (as long as there are no other customers in the background), please do not use your phones in the changing rooms.
Nearest Café: Costa Coffee, Gallagher Retail Park, Axletree Way, Wednessbury, WS10 9QY
Nearest Park: Walsall Arboretum, Lichfield Street, Walsall, WS4 2BU
Nearest Play Centre: Little Hooligans, 8a The Quarter, Lower Hall Lane, Walsall, WS1 1RH