A Wolverhampton based swimming pool from which we run our Baby & Pre-School and our Swim Academy swimming classes for primary school aged children after school. Our expert swimming teachers tailor the lessons to progress every individual at their own pace. We want all of our children to love the water and learn to swim beautifully in a fun, relaxed environment.
Location: Boundary Way, Penn, Wolverhampton, West Midlands, WV4 4NT
Parking & Directions: Parking is available in the Penn Fields school staff car park. The sign indicates ‘staff parking only’ but it is fine to park here as our sessions outside of school hours. From the car park, the school staff entrance is straight ahead of you and where you will enter the building. The swimming pool is immediately on the right once you have entered to foyer area.
- Please do not come to the pool any sooner than 10 minutes before your class to avoid congestion on the poolside and in the changing rooms
- Parents for Swim Academy swimmers must stay poolside during lessons.
- IMPORTANT - Look out for and read the Puddle Ducks signs and notices please
- Please do not enter the pool unless told to do so by your teacher.
- Strictly no eating or smoking on the premises
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly Nappy Wraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- You can find goggles and other Swim Accessories here
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
- Pool temperature: 34°C. Please note: This is a hydrotherapy pool, due to the temperature please bring fluid to hydrate parent & child post lesson. Customers are advised not to use the pool if they have the following contraindications (acute vomiting or diarrhoea/deep vein thrombosis, pulmonary embolism/acute asthma/resting angina/shortness of breath at rest/uncontrolled cardiac failure/paroxysmal nocturnal dyspnoea/poorly controlled epilepsy/unstable diabetes/thyroid deficiency) Please also inform your teacher or our office team if you are pregnant.
- Poolside assistant: A poolside assistant is present
- Depth: 0.9m sloping to 1.2m
- Maximum class ratios:
- 8 children/adult pairs: 1 teacher (Baby & Preschool)
- 8 children: 2 teachers (Swim Academy Levels 1 and 2)
- 10 children: 2 teachers (Swim Academy Levels 3, 4 and 5)
- Please arrive no more than 10 minutes prior to the start of your classes to allow for change-over in the changing rooms.
- Please remove your shoes in the entrance foyer to keep the poolside clean.
- Please remind children to use the toilet prior to lessons if applicable.
- Please take ALL nappies home with you
- Please bring your towels poolside for your babies
- Please supervise your child at all times
Spectators are welcome at this pool but we ask that numbers are limited so that it does not get too busy poolside. Also young children must not be left unsupervised.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks has exclusive use of this large pool during lesson times.
Mobile Phones: Please remember that whilst it is fine to have your phones with you to take photos in Splash Time (as long as there are no other customers in the background), please do not use your phones in the changing rooms.
We look forward to welcoming you to our swimming lessons at Penn Fields School!