All you need to know – Portland Centre
Muskham Street, Nottingham NG2 2HB
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Portland Centre – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Portland Centre
Parking: Free parking on site in front of the Centre
- Enter via Reception and confirm you are with Puddle Ducks and they will let you through the turnstile to access the pool area. Outdoor shoes must be removed before entering the pool hall or blue overshoes worn.
- A well-fitting (tight) neoprene swim nappy or costume MUST be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly Nappy Wraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in all other programmes if your child is not fully dry.
- All Swim Academy Children must wear swim hats in the pool. You can find these plus our range of goggles and other Swim Accessories here
- Please do not enter the pool unless told to do so by your teacher. We only have access to the sectioned area of the pool, the rest of the pool is for member’s only
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use of a roped off area of the pool during hire times
Changing Rooms: Individual changing cabinets are available around the poolside for both men and ladies with direct access to pool. The ladies and men’s toilet areas are large and have baby changing facilities in both. There are 2 disabled changing rooms available, again with baby changing tables. Communal showers are just off poolside
Access: Spectators are welcome and can go poolside, there is a raised platform with seating which should be used
- Pool temperature: 29.5°C
- Pool dimensions: 30m x 5m (Puddle Ducks area)
- Depth: 0.9m - 1.9m, roped off at 1.4m
- Maximum Class Ratio:
- 10 Children/Adult pairs:1 teacher for Little Dippers
- 4 children:1 teachers for Swim Academy Level 1 and 2
- 8 children: 1 teacher for Swim Academy level 3 and 10:1 for level 4
- Poolside Assistant: There is a Puddle Ducks Poolside Assistant
Helping you to make your special time last even longer … that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference:
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the classes with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
Closest Play Park:
Bridgford Park, Central Avenue, West Bridgford,NG2 6AT
There are several cafe's/Restaurants in nearby West Bridgford along Central Avenue
Closest Soft Play:
Eden soft play, St Saviours Church, Saville Gardens, Nottingham. NG2 3LH