All you need to know – East Hanney Pool - please note we are not able to have spectators at this pool.
**PLEASE BE AWARE THIS IS A PRIVATE POOL. Please follow the directions provided to the pool to ensure we respect the owners property. If unsure call our office on 01666 577 377 and do not call the house. Please ensure your children are accompanied at all times.**
Fox Fold House, Steventon Road, East Hanney, Oxfordshire, OX12 0HS
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Fox Fold House – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Timetable: Click here
Parking: Please park in the car park at La Fontana. We have an agreement with them that we are able to use the car park whilst lessons are on. Please DO NOT park on the small side road leading to La Fontana as this can block access for deliveries to the restaurant.
- Fox Fold House is located in East Hanney, just off Seventon Road.
- If coming down the A338 from the north, go past La Fontana on your left, then turn immediately left into Steventon Road. Go around the corner, and the entrance to the La Fontana is on your left. Please park in the La Fontana customer car park.
- If coming up the A338 from the south, when you get to the centre of East Hanney (just past the speed camera), turn right into Steventon Road. Go around the corner, and the entrance to the La Fontana is on your left. Please park in the La Fontana customer car park.
- If coming across from Steventon, as you come into East Hanney you’ll see Whitfield Gardens on your right. Keep going past the houses until you see the entrance to the La Fontana on the right. Please park in the La Fontana customer car park.
- Walking from the car park at La Fontana is easy - immediately after the car park turning is a gravel drive on the left, just beyond this (still on your left) are wooden gates, please use this entrance to access the pool building.
- Please note that this is a private residence so please stay within the designated areas to which the owner has allowed us access. You enter through the gates to the property, turn right and the pool building is on your left. The entrance is at the far end of the pool hall.
Due to the decking area around the pool house becoming potentially slippery in wet or cold weather conditions, the owners have provided matting that will be laid on the decking steps and the route to the pool house door in such conditions. When laid, visitors should use this matting, walking slowly and carefully as the mats could still become slippery. No liability whatsoever will be accepted if visitors to the pool do not use the mats which have been provided for their safety. Please remember that visitors should always use the steps to the decking area and not jump down to the decking area. The decking area is only for use to access and leave the pool house and visitors should not otherwise wait outside the pool house or play on the decking.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
Changing rooms: There are screened off changing areas around the pool at the shallow end and a small changing room with shower and toilet.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use of this pool during lessons
Access: No spectators poolside due to Covid-19 restrictions
Poolside assistant: There is a poolside assistant at this venue.
- Depth: 1.3m
- Maximum class ratios (reduced due to Covid-19): 6 children/adult pairs:1 teacher
Helping you to make your special time last even longer...that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
You’re likely to be swimming with friends and make new ones along the way, so why not live life swimmingly away from the pool by meeting up before or after class. Here are some local places we think you and your children may like (please check the Covid-19 restrictions at these places before visiting):
There is a play park next to the Hanney War Memorial Hall on the recreation ground in East Hanney.
There is an abundance of cafes in neighbouring Wantage.
Closest soft play
Snakes & Ladders – Audlett Drive, Abingdon, OX14 3NJ
Other local attractions
Millets Farm Centre, Kingston Road, Frilford, Nr Abingdon, OX13 5HB
Didcot Railway Centre , Didcot Parkway, Station Road, Didcot, OX11 7NJ