All you need to know – East Hanney Pool
IMPORTANT: Please read this STAYING SAFE document BEFORE attending your first lesson. It details all the procedures we have in place at your pool related to staying safe during COVID-19.
Fox Fold House, Steventon Road, East Hanney, Oxfordshire, OX12 0HS
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Fox Fold House – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Parking: Fox Fold House has no parking available at the house itself or along the drive. Please do not park on the private road leading to the house.
We have an agreement with the local restaurant, La Fontana, to use an area near their car park whilst you are at your lesson. The postcode for the parking is OX12 0HP.
- Fox Fold House is located in East Hanney, just off Seventon Road.
- If coming down the A338 from the north, go past La Fontana on your left, then turn immediately left into Steventon Road. Go around the corner, and the entrance to the La Fontana is on your left. Please park in the La Fontana customer car park.
- If coming up the A338 from the south, when you get to the centre of East Hanney (just past the speed camera), turn right into Steventon Road. Go around the corner, and the entrance to the La Fontana is on your left. Please park in the La Fontana customer car park.
- If coming across from Steventon, as you come into East Hanney you’ll see Whitfield Gardens on your right. Keep going past the houses until you see the entrance to the La Fontana on the right. Please park in the La Fontana customer car park.
- Walking from the car park at La Fontana is easy - immediately after the car park turning is a gravel drive on the left (going between brick-and-flint pillars). Go up the gravel drive and Fox Fold House is on the right.
- Please note that this is a private residence so please stay within the designated areas to which the owner has allowed us access. You enter the driveway to the property and the pool building is on your right as you are facing the house. The entrance is at the far end of the pool hall.
Due to the decking area around the pool house becoming potentially slippery in wet or cold weather conditions, the owners have provided matting that will be laid on the decking steps and the route to the pool house door in such conditions. When laid, visitors should use this matting, walking slowly and carefully as the mats could still become slippery. No liability whatsoever will be accepted if visitors to the pool do not use the mats which have been provided for their safety. Please remember that visitors should always use the steps to the decking area and not jump down to the decking area. The decking area is only for use to access and leave the pool house and visitors should not otherwise wait outside the pool house or play on the decking.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
Changing rooms: There are screened off changing areas around the pool at the shallow end and a small changing room with shower and toilet.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use of this pool during lessons
Access: No spectators poolside due to Covid-19 restrictions
Poolside assistant: There is a poolside assistant at this venue.
- Pool temperature: 29oC (For babies and children under 2 years old a Baby or Mini Wetsuit or Thermal Top will be available or can be purchased from our online shop, if needed)
- Depth: 1.3m
- Maximum class ratios (reduced due to Covid-19): 6 children/adult pairs:1 teacher
Helping you to make your special time last even longer...that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
You’re likely to be swimming with friends and make new ones along the way, so why not live life swimmingly away from the pool by meeting up before or after class. Here are some local places we think you and your children may like (please check the Covid-19 restrictions at these places before visiting):
There is a play park next to the Hanney War Memorial Hall on the recreation ground in East Hanney.
There is an abundance of cafes in neighbouring Wantage.
Closest soft play
Snakes & Ladders – Audlett Drive, Abingdon, OX14 3NJ
Other local attractions
Millets Farm Centre, Kingston Road, Frilford, Nr Abingdon, OX13 5HB
Didcot Railway Centre , Didcot Parkway, Station Road, Didcot, OX11 7NJ