Thank you so much for considering joining one of our Floaties classes.
Our Floaties classes (for babies from birth to 6 months) form the perfect foundation for the rest of the Puddle Ducks programme – our expert instructor will teach you our signals, key words and build your confidence in handling your baby in water. Classes are gentle, with the pace just right for very young babies and there is a strong focus on parent and child bonding.
A typical 30 minute session would include the following:
- safe entry into the water
- songs with fun activities to stimulate kicking and splashing
- parent and baby swims
- taking your baby underwater.
Benefits for your baby:
- Swimming is the only activity your baby can properly do from birth and they will love the sense of free movement the water gives them
- Physical development – swimming works all of the major muscle groups
- Awareness of water safety – we hold termly pyjama parties and as your baby progresses, they will learn to kick to the surface, turn and hold on to the side from a very early age
- Confidence and enjoyment of being in water
- If they follow the Puddle Ducks programme they should learn to swim at an early age
- Use of music and rhyme makes our classes a lot of fun and reinforces the positive experience of being in the water
- Great bonding time - guaranteed time when they have you all to themselves
This 30 minute session in the pool is your time to bond with your baby, without distractions. One of the most surprising benefits is probably that you will enjoy the class just as much as them! Watching your baby develop confidence and skill in the water is an absolute joy – you will be amazed at what they can achieve with the right encouragement.
How to book
Instead of having terms as such, we have a continuous programme which you can join at any time, no need to wait for the start of a term! When you start you pay for 10 lessons which costs £150. On week 7 of your current block, if you wish to carry on beyond that block you pay for another 10 and so on… However, if you book before April 20th you can book 8 lessons for £120 and we'll give you the extra 2 for free, saving £30!
If you ever miss a class you can make it up on a different day (subject to availability). We also have a satisfaction guarantee which allows new customers to cancel your block and receive a refund of remaining classes, should you not be happy with our lessons, so long as you let us know at least 48 hours before your fourth class.
If you’d like to join us (or there’s anything else at all we can help with) please give the office a call on 07852 475906. Alternatively you can book online through any of the links below - click ‘join now’ for a Floaties class. Complete the form then click ‘complete booking and pay’ to pay for your first block of classes (use code SEWNBS30 to claim the £30 discount). Or if you'd prefer, complete and submit the form below and we'll be in touch to book you in!
We currently have space in the following classes:
- Saturday 4pm at Fitzalan High School, Cardiff CF11 8XB - book here
- Sunday 4.15pm at Llanhennock Lodge, near Caerleon, NP18 1LT - book here
- Friday 11am at the Novotel Cardiff, CF10 4RT - book here
- Wednesday 4pm at Maes Ebbw School, Newport NP20 3GD - book here
Thank you so much, we can't wait to welcome you and your little one into the pool soon!