IMPORTANT: Please read this SWIMMING AT EVERLAST FITNESS NEWPORT document BEFORE attending your first lesson post-lockdown. It details all the procedures in place for staying safe during COVID-19.
All you need to know – Everlast Fitness Newport
28 East Retail Park, Docks Way, Newport NP20 2NN
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Everlast Fitness Newport – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Everlast Fitness, Newport
Parking: Free parking, although please be aware that there is a four hour parking limit and if you exceed this you will receive a fine.
Essential information (general):
- Please go to Reception when you arrive, sanitise your hands and sign in. Scan the QR code for the Test, Trace, Protect scheme. The Receptionist will take your temperature then let you through the turnstile / barrier and into the club.
- Everyone over 11 years (unless exempt) must wear a face covering at all times in the building (but not in the pool).
- You will need a pound coin for the locker which is returnable (or you could use a Puddle Ducks locker token!)
- No food is permitted on the poolside or in the changing rooms, please save your child’s snack until after you have left the pool.
- Please be sensitive to Everlast members at all times.
- Unfortunately current restrictions mean we can't have any spectators at the pool.
Essential information (Baby & Preschool):
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained. One of our great value starter packs has everything you need. Due to the current restrictions we're unable to lend nappies at the pool, so without them you'll be unable to swim.
- You are very welcome to bring pushchairs and car seats into the club but please ensure you leave them in the designated area of the changing rooms (by the sun shower).
- You must not place nappies in any of the general waste bins. There is a nappy bin in the family changing area, please either put nappies in there, or take them home with you. We would recommend the NappyWrap and liner system to avoid having to take wet disposable swim nappies home.
- If your baby is younger than 12 weeks or smaller than 12lbs they will need to wear a thermal wetsuit to stop them getting chilly.
Essential information (Swim Academy):
- All Swim Academy children must wear swim hats in the pool. Your child will be given one of these on their first lesson. You can also find these plus a range of goggles and other swim accessories in our online shop.
- We have a "no spectator" rule during Swim Academy lessons (for children age 4-10). One parent per class is permitted poolside - please contact the office or have a quick word with your teacher poolside to join the rota.
- Parents/carers must stay on site at all times while your children are swimming.
- PLEASE ensure your child has been to the toilet before the class.
- Please do not use your phones in the changing rooms.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have a roped off area of the pool; the rest of the pool is open to leisure club members.
Changing rooms: There are two large changing rooms (one for men and another for women) with showers and lockers. It can be chilly in the changing areas after your swimming lesson so we recommend you bring your child’s towel poolside so you can wrap them up after class. There is a family changing room accessible from both the male and female changing rooms.
Poolside Assistant: There is a Puddle Ducks poolside assistant at this pool.
- Pool temperature: 30°C.
- Depth: 1.2m
- Maximum class ratio: 10 children/adult pairs:1 teacher