Swimmers MUST read the Covid-related procedures for this pool before they attend lessons, please click here.
All you need to know – Novotel Cardiff Pool
To BOOK YOUR PLACE in these lessons, please CLICK HERE
Schooner Way, Atlantic Wharf, Cardiff CF10 4RT
Location: Club 100 pool at the Novotel Cardiff.
Parking: There is free parking at the hotel available on a first come - first served basis. Please take a ticket to enter the Hotel car park, then have this validated a Reception before you leave to ensure up to 3 hours free parking (time for a coffee afterwards!.
- Please do not enter the building more than 10 minutes before your lesson time to allow us to reduce congestion in the building.
- Due to limited space if it’s possible to come without a pushchair/car seat please do, but if you bring one it can be left in the corridor outside the changing rooms. No pushchairs to be brought poolside please. Car seats may be brought poolside to pop baby in while you're changing.
- Please arrive at the pool 'swim ready' i.e. with swimwear under your clothes. Please read our full advice here)
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained. You can buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swimming lesson.
- Please take all your nappies home - no nappies are to be left in the bins at the pool. Please consider using a reusable Nappy Wrap as it's much nicer to take a wet one of these home than a wet disposable swim nappy!
- If your baby is younger than 12 weeks or smaller than 12lbs they will need to wear a thermal wetsuit to stop them getting chilly.
- We can allow one spectator per swimmer, strictly no shoes or phones poolside - please remove them in the changing rooms.
- During Swim Academy classes one spectator per swimmer can be poolside - please stand by the window into the gym (the loungers are reserved for hotel guests). Absolutely no phones poolside at any point please. If your child is happy to be left (or you have siblings you need to look after) please wait just inside the hotel bar area (we need to be able to find you if your child needs the toilet during the class).
- Only Club 100 members who swim with us are permitted to use the pool before or after their lesson. Even if you are a member we wouldn't recommend you swim before your class as you might tire your child out before their lesson.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have a roped off area of the pool; the rest of the pool is open to leisure club members and hotel guests.
Poolside Assistant: There is no Puddle Ducks poolside assistant at this pool.
- Pool temperature: 31-32°C.
- Depth: 1.m graduating to 1.5m (roped off beyond 1.4m depth).
- Maximum class ratio: Baby & Preschool - 9 children/adult pairs:1 teacher, Swim Academy - 4 swimmers:1 teacher
Helping you to make your special time last even longer…that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the class with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
There is a lovely café in the Hotel which our customers are very welcome to use, however please bear in mind that only food purchased at the cafe can be consumed there.