All you need to know – Cedar Court Hotel Wakefield
Denby Dale Road, Calder Grove, Wakefield, West Yorkshire, WF4 3DB,
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Cedar Court Hotel – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Cedar Court Hotel
Parking: The leisure club has its own car park which is to the left of the hotel and round the back. Free parking, however, parking spaces may be limited at peak times so please ensure you arrive in ample time. If that car park was full though, you can park in the main hotel car park instead and just walk around to the leisure club.
**Please note there is security on the car park entrance at the moment whilst the hotel is closed to the public. Just let them know you have a Puddle Ducks class and they will let you through**
- Follow the path from the car park to the left to the leisure club reception.
- Leisure reception is straight ahead, and male, female and family changing tooms to the right.
- Please do not come onto poolside any sooner than 5 minutes before your class to avoid congestion on the poolside
- Please do not enter the pool unless told to do so by your teacher. We only have access to the sectioned area of the pool, the rest of the pool is for member’s only
- You will be asked to shower before entering the pool
- Strictly no eating or smoking
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained.
You can buy one of our great value Starter packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson.
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
- Wetsuits are recommended for babies under 1 year old.
Changing rooms: There are two changing rooms with showers for males and females, and cubicles. There is limited space so pleae be mindful of health club members. Both have direct access to the pool. There are lockers that require a padlock, these are available to purchase from leisure reception if you do not have one. There is also a small family changing room which is to share between more than one person. This changing room does not have direct access to the pool though.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks use a roped off area, members have use of the rest of the pool.
Access: No Spectators poolside or in leisure reception, there is a seating area just off the leisure reception area and a cafe in the Ocean Suite
- Pool temperature: 30°C. Wetsuits are a must for baby’s and children under the age of 1 year.
- Poolside assistant: We have a poolside assistant at all Baby and Pre-school classes
- Depth: 1.2m throughout
- Maximum class ratios:
- 7 children/adult pairs:1 teacher (Floaties, Splashers & Kickers)
- 7 children/adult pairs:1 teacher (Little Dippers & Dippers)
- 8 children: 2 teachers (Swim Academy Level 1 and 2)
- 8 children: 1 teacher (Swim Academy Level 3)
- 15 ladies : 1 teacher (Aquanatal)
Helping you to make your special time last even longer…that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the class with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
Cedar Court has a cafe (not open just yet whilst the hotel is closed)
Starbucks just off the Junction 39 roundabout is the next closest.
Closest soft play
Other local attractions