All you need to know – Ponds Forge International Sports Centre
Sheaf Street, Sheffield, South Yorkshire S1 2BP
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Ponds Forge International Sports Centre– in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Ponds Forge International Sports Centre
Parking: Ponds Forge Car Parking Multi-Storey Car Park - £2 for 2 hours unless you have a permit. For more info click here
- Please go to the upper reception (where the cafe is) on arrival and they will direct you through to the changing area. There are lifts from the car park and from lower reception.
- Please do not come onto poolside any sooner than 5 minutes before your class to avoid congestion on the poolside
- Please do not enter the pool unless told to do so by your teacher
- You will be asked to shower before entering the pool – there are shower’s in the changing rooms along with ones on poolside
- Strictly no eating in the changing rooms or smoking on the premises
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained.
You can buy one of our great value Starter packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson.
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
There is a buggy park outside the changing room, with space for 6 buggy's.
Changing rooms: There is a designated Family Changing area with 6 individual cubicles with a changing table for Puddle Ducks use. DO not leave your baby unattended on the changing table. DO NOT use any other changing room area. There are lockers here which require a £1 coin to operate. Please do not leave your belongings in the changing cubicle as this will need to be used by customers in the next class. Access straight onto poolside from this changing room.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use of the pool pod during hire times but the leisure pool in the same pool hall is been used by school swimming lessons or other members of the public.
Access: From the changing room area, keep to the right to walk round the path way to the pool pod. Our Poolside Assitants are there to assist you.
Disabled access is available.
Spectators: NO SPECTATING IS ALLOWED. There is a cafe upstairs, but the viewing window is closed off whilst school swimming lessons are taking place.
- Pool temperature: 30°C. Wetsuits are recommended for babies under 1 year old
- Poolside assistant: We have a poolside assistant at Baby and Pre-school classes
- Depth: 1 metre depth throughout
- Maximum class ratios:
- 6 children/adult pairs:1 teacher (Floaties, Splashers & Kickers)
- 6 children/adult pairs:1 teacher (Little Dippers & Dippers)
Helping you to make your special time last even longer…that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the class with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
Closest soft play
Other local attractions