All you need to know – Talbot Specialist School
Lees Hall Rd, Norton Lees, Sheffield S8 9JP
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Talbot Specialist School– in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Talbot Specialist School
- If coming from Lees Hall Road, go past Warminster Crescent on your right, the entrance is on the left
- If coming from Woodland Road, go past Harvey Clough Road on your left, the entrance is on the right.
- The entrance is signed Newfield School & Talbot Specialist School.
- Turn in to the entrance and follow the road up towards Newfield School (which is straight in front of you)
- At the mini roundabout turn right and follow the road all the way round, you will pass a building on your right called "The Bridge" .
- The road bends round to the left, keep going and follow the road all the way to the end.
- The car park is right at the end on the left-hand side right by the entrance to Talbot School.
Parking: Large free park.
- Due to the high temperature of this pool, ladies who are pregnant should not swim here.
- Please go to reception on arrival to sign in using the book on the desk.
- Please do not come onto poolside any sooner than 5 minutes before your class to avoid congestion on the poolside
- Please do not enter the pool unless told to do so by your teacher
- You will be asked to shower before entering the pool – there are shower’s in the changing rooms along with ones on poolside
- Strictly no eating or smoking on the premises
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained.
You can buy one of our great value Starter packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson.
If your child is attending one of our Swim Academy classes please take a look at our Swim Accessories page where you can find our full range of goggles and swim hats.
- • You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
Changing rooms: There is a male and female communal changing room, each with a shower and a toilet.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use during hire times.
Access: Spectators are permitted and there are 2 small benches on poolside. However, please be aware that the air temperature is very hot!
- Pool temperature: 32-34°C
- Poolside assistant: We have a poolside assistant at Baby and Pre-school classes
- Maximum class ratios:
- 7 children/adult pairs:1 teacher (Floaties, Splashers & Kickers)
- 7 children/adult pairs:1 teacher (Little Dippers & Dippers)
- 8 children: 2 teachers (Swim Academy Level 1 and 2)
Helping you to make your special time last even longer…that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the class with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
Closest soft play
Other local attractions