All you need to know – The Village Hotel South Leeds
Capitol Boulevard West, Tingley, Leeds, LS27 0TS
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at The Village Hotel – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: The Village Hotel
Parking: Free parking, however, parking spaces may be limited at peak times so please ensure you arrive in ample time.
- Please go to Leisure reception to be registered for your own personal card to gain access. This card is at a cost of £2.50, and will give you direct access through the security gates without waiting at reception and a wrist band to use the lockers. If you forget your band or you are attending a courtesy class, and you dont normally swim at this venue, you can borrow a temporary one for a £5 deposit, and just hand it back when you have finished to get your deposit back.
- Please do not come onto poolside any sooner than 5 minutes before your class to avoid congestion on the poolside
- Please do not enter the pool unless told to do so by your teacher. We only have access to the sectioned area of the pool, the rest of the pool is for member’s only
- You will be asked to shower before entering the pool – there is a shower on poolside along with the ones in the changing rooms
- Strictly no eating or smoking on the premises
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained.
You can buy one of our great value Starter packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson.
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
- Wetsuits are recommended for all children at this venue, vital for children under the age of 2 years!
Changing rooms: There are two large changing rooms with showers for males and females, along with a warmer family changing room, although there is limited space in that one. All have direct access to the pool.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks use a roped off area, members have use of the rest of the pool.
Access: No Spectators poolside, there is a viewing window with seating though.
- Pool temperature: 29-29.5°C. Wetsuits are a must for baby’s and children under the age of 2 years, and recommended f0r 2-4 year olds.
- Poolside assistant: We have a poolside assistant at all Baby and Pre-school classes
- Depth: 1.2m throughout
- Maximum class ratios:
- 10 children/adult pairs:1 teacher (Floaties, Splashers & Kickers)
- 10 children/adult pairs:1 teacher (Little Dippers & Dippers)
- 20 ladies : 1 teacher (Aquanatal)
Helping you to make your special time last even longer…that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the class with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
The Village Hotel benefits from a Starbucks café on site.
Closest soft play
Munchkins Play Centre, Bank Ave, Morley, Leeds LS27 9JF
Rascals Play Gym, Rouse Mill Ln, Batley WF17 5QB
Jungle Catz, Jungle Cats Little Lane Morley Leeds LS27 8FZ
Go Hyper, 1-27 Railway Street, Dewsbury, West Yorkshire, WF12 8EB
Other local attractions
Golden Acre Park, Golden Acre park is situated 6 miles from Leeds City Centre on the A660 Leeds Road in between Adel and Bramhope. The postcode of the site is LS16 8BQ.
Oakwell Hall Country Park, Nutter Lane, Birstall, West Yorkshire, WF17 9LG