All you need to know – DW Fitness Leeds
Gelderd Road, Birstall, Batley WF17 9TD
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at DW Fitness Leeds – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: DW Fitness Leeds
Parking: Free parking.
- Please go to Leisure reception on arrival to sign in / mark the register, you will need a card for the locker
- Please do not come onto poolside any sooner than 5 minutes before your class to avoid congestion on the poolside
- Please do not enter the pool unless told to do so by your teacher. We only have access to the sectioned area of the pool, the rest of the pool is for members only
- You will be asked to shower before entering the pool – there are shower’s in the changing rooms
- Strictly no eating or smoking on the premises
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained.
You can buy one of our great value Starter packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson.
- If your child is attending one of our Swim Academy classes please take a look at our Swim Accessories page where you can find our full range of goggles and swim hats.
- • You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
Changing rooms: There are two large changing rooms with showers for males and females, along with a small family changing room, with a changing table and a cot. All have direct access to the pool.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks use a roped off area, members have use of the rest of the pool.
Access: No Spectators poolside, there is a CCTV camera which links to the television in the cafe.
- Pool temperature: 29-30°C. Wetsuits are recommended for baby’s under the age of 1 year
- Poolside assistant: We have a poolside assistant at all Baby and Pre-school classes.
- Depth: 1.25m throughout
- Maximum class ratios:
- 9 children/adult pairs:1 teacher (Floaties, Splashers & Kickers)
- 9 children/adult pairs:1 teacher (Little Dippers & Dippers)
- 12 ladies : 1 teacher (Aquanatal)
Helping you to make your special time last even longer…that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the class with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
DW Leeds benefits from a café on site.
Closest soft play
Munchkins Play Centre, Bank Ave, Morley, Leeds LS27 9JF
Rascals Play Gym, Rouse Mill Ln, Batley WF17 5QB
Jungle Catz, Jungle Cats Little Lane Morley Leeds LS27 8FZ
Go Hyper, 1-27 Railway Street, Dewsbury, West Yorkshire, WF12 8EB
Other local attractions
Oakwell Hall Country Park, Nutter Lane, Birstall, West Yorkshire, WF17 9LG