All you need to know – Lealands High School Pool
Sundon Park Road, Luton, LU3 3AL
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Lealands High School – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Parking: There is a free community car park is on the right of the school directly opposite Aldi with ample parking. There is a path leading past the football courts and grass to the sports facility. The sports facility is located in the building that has stairs (and a ramp for disabled access) leading up to the automatic door.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with an Eco NappyWrap & Liner or a disposable swim nappy underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained. You can buy one of our great value Swimming Kits which contain everything you need for your swim lesson.
- We recommend bringing a baby change mat if your baby is young and flip flops for yourself and Swim Academy children to prevent slipping.
- Swim Academy children will need to wear a swim hat along for their classes. Goggles are optional. Please ensure these are fitted before the class starts.
- Arrive no more than 10 minutes before the class is due to start please.
- Please take your shoes off at the end of the hallway before entering poolside.
- Please leave buggies in the main corridor.
- Please sign in with the Poolside Assistant.
- We allow 1 spectator per child at the poolside. Please stay seated on the bench and do not walk around the pool during the lesson.
- There is strictly no food or drink to be consumed (other than water) while inside the school.
Changing rooms: The male and female changing rooms will be clearly marked. The female changing room is located to the left at the end of the corridor. The male changing room is located to the right through the double doors at the end of the corridor. There is direct access to the pool from the female changing rooms. Males will need to access the pool via the PE cupboard which is opposite the entrance to the male changing room.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use of the pool.
- Pool temperature: 31°C
- Depth: 0.9m-1.8m
- Maximum class ratios for Baby and Preschool classes: 10 children/adult pairs:1 teacher
- Maximum class ratios for Swim Academy: 8 children:2 teachers