All you need to know – Bowles, Crowborough/Tun Wells
Sandhill Lane, Eridge Green, East Sussex, TN3 9LW
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Bowles – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Bowles Activity Centre
- There is ample free parking in the main Bowles car park.
- Puddle Ducks customers should park at the top end of the car park, just before the barrier, on the left-hand side.
- There is a short walk up the hill from the car park (which is lit when it’s dark) to the pool.
- Pushchairs are not allowed into the pool building but there is a sheltered area for wet days.
- Please remove all shoes and socks when entering the pool building.
- Please note – Consistent with most swimming pools - no food or drink to is to be consumed in any of the pool buildings including the changing rooms. Please can we also make you are aware that all of our venues are nut free as we do have some customers with known allergies.
- We recommend that you bring a small changing mat that can be rolled up and placed in your bag so that you always have a dry place to change your baby.
- There are no showers at this venue.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly Eco Swm NappyWrap & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value swimming kits which contain everything you need for your swim lesson.
- We recommend that babies under 26 weeks old wear a BabyWrap or other baby wetsuit; these can be purchased from our shop.
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks has exclusive use of the pool during our lessons.
- There are separate changing rooms for women and men.
- There is no lockable storage in the changing rooms so please do not bring valuables.
- Spectators are welcome poolside at this venue.
- Please keep noise to a minimum so as not to disrupt the class.
- Outdoor shoes are not allowed in the pool hall.
- As space is quite limited, we kindly ask that spectators only enter the pool hall for the duration of the class they are watching.
Photography and Videos:
- You may only take photographs or video footage during ‘splash time’ and must not interfere with the lesson.
- Your child/relative must move to the side of the pool away from the rest of the customers so that they are not visible in the image (including the background).
- Underwater photographs and underwater videos are forbidden.
- Please remain sensitive to the feelings of others and always stop should you be asked to do so.
- The Puddle Ducks teacher or Poolside Assistant working at the venue has the right to view the images taken and delete any taken at the pool: in all instances the decision of the Puddle Ducks team member is final.
Poolside assistant: A Poolside Assistant is present at the venue during Puddle Ducks lessons.
- Pool temperature: 30.5-31°C. (We recommend that children under 26 weeks old wear a BabyWrap or other baby wetsuit; these can be purchased from our shop.)
- Depth: 1 metre graduating to 1.4 metres
- Maximum class ratios:
- 9 children/adult pairs:1 teacher (Floaties, Splashers, Kickers, Little Dippers & Dippers) - a parent or carer is required to be in the water with each child
- 8 children: 2 teachers (Swim Academy Level 1 & Level 2)
- 8 children: 1 teacher poolside (Swim Academy Level 3)
- 10 children: 1 teacher poolside (Swim Academy Level 4)
- Pool water treatment: Bromine