All you need to know – Bowles Activity Centre
Sandhill Lane, Eridge Green, East Sussex, TN3 9LW
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Bowles Activity Centre – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Bowles Activity Centre
Parking: There is ample free parking in the main Bowles car park. Puddle Ducks customers should park at the top end of the car park, just before the barrier, on the left hand side.
- There is a short walk up the hill from the car park (which is lit when it’s dark) to the pool.
- Pushchairs are not allowed into the pool building but there is a sheltered area for wet days.
- Please remove all shoes and socks when entering the pool building.
- We recommend that you bring a changing mat with you to the lessons so that you always have a dry place to change your baby.
- There are no showers at this venue.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWrap & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks has exclusive use of the pool during our lessons.
Changing rooms: There are separate changing rooms for women and men with cot and benches for convenient baby changing. There is no lockable storage in the changing rooms so please do not bring valuables.
Spectators: Spectators are welcome poolside at this venue but please keep noise to a minimum so as not to disrupt the class. Outdoor shoes are not allowed in the pool hall.
Poolside assistant: A Poolside Assistant is present at the venue during Puddle Ducks lessons.
- Pool temperature: 30.5-32°C. We recommend that babies under 26 weeks old wear a BabyWrap or other baby wetsuit; these can be purchased from our shop.
- Depth: 1 metre graduating to 1.4 metres
- Maximum class ratios:
- 9 children/adult pairs:1 teacher (Floaties, Splashers, Kickers, Little Dippers & Dippers)
- 12 adults:1 teacher (Aquanatal)
- Pool water treatment: Bromine