All you need to know – Brambletye School
East Grinstead, West Sussex, RH19 3PD
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Brambletye School – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Brambletye School
Parking: There is ample free parking in the school grounds; it’s best to park on the main drive down towards the school building. Please do not bring your car down the footpath towards the pool as it is clearly marked as not for vehicular access.
- The pool is situated behind the main school building and access is via a footpath to the right of the school, just off the main drive. Proceed down the footpath past the building directly ahead (which are squash courts but are not marked as such). The pool is accessed by turning left after the squash courts.
- You may bring pushchairs but there is no covered storage for them so please ensure you bring a rain cover if you bring one on wet days. Pushchairs must be left outside the pool building.
- We recommend that you bring a changing mat with you to the lessons so that you always have a dry place to change your baby.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWrap & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value starter packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson.
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks has exclusive use of the pool during our lessons.
Changing rooms: There are separate changing rooms for women and men. There is no lockable storage in the changing rooms so please do not bring valuables. There is a shower poolside and customers will be asked to shower before their class.
Spectators: Spectators can sit poolside; outdoor shoes are not allowed in the pool hall.
Poolside assistant: A Poolside Assistant is present at the venue during Puddle Ducks lessons.
- Pool temperature: 31-33°C. We recommend that babies under 13 weeks old wear a BabyWrap or other baby wetsuit; these can be purchased from our shop.
- Depth: 0.9 metres graduating to 1.4 metres
- Maximum class ratios:
- 9 children/adult pairs:1 teacher (Floaties & Splashers)
- 8 children/adult pairs:1 teacher (Kickers, Little Dippers & Dippers)
- Pool water treatment: Chlorine