All you need to know – Brambletye School
East Grinstead, West Sussex, RH19 3PD
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Brambletye School – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Brambletye School
- There is ample free parking in the school grounds; it’s best to park on the main drive down towards the school building.
- Please do not bring your car down the footpath towards the pool as it is clearly marked as not for vehicular access.
- The pool is situated behind the main school building and access is via a footpath to the right of the school, just off the main drive. Proceed down the footpath past the building directly ahead (which are squash courts but are not marked as such). The pool is accessed by turning left after the squash courts.
- You may bring pushchairs but there is no covered storage for them so please ensure you bring a rain cover if you bring one on wet days. Pushchairs must be left outside the pool building.
- We are asking all adults to wear a face covering in the pool building and changing rooms, but not in the pool itself.
- We recommend that you bring a small changing mat that can be rolled up and placed in your bag so that you always have a dry place to change your baby.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly Eco Swm NappyWrap & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value swimming kits which contain everything you need for your swim lesson.
- We recommend that babies under 13 weeks old wear a BabyWrap or other baby wetsuit; these can be purchased from our shop.
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks has exclusive use of the pool during our lessons.
- There are separate changing rooms for women and men.
- To reduce the amount of time spent in the changing room, where possible, we recommend that you and your child arrive swim-ready at the venue, i.e. with your swimming costume/trunks/swim nappy on underneath easy to remove clothes.
- There is no lockable storage in the changing rooms so please do not bring valuables.
- There is a shower poolside and customers will be asked to shower before their class.
- We ask all customers to vacate the changing areas and pool building within 10 minutes of your lesson finishing. Your assistance with this is very much appreciated.
- Spectators are welcome poolside at this venue; we reserve the right to review our spectator policy at any time.
- We ask that adult spectators wear face coverings and socially distance where possible inside the pool building.
- Please keep noise to a minimum so as not to disrupt the class.
- Outdoor shoes are not allowed in the pool hall.
Photography and Videos:
- You may only take photographs or video footage during ‘splash time’ and must not interfere with the lesson.
- Your child/relative must move to the side of the pool away from the rest of the customers so that they are not visible in the image (including the background).
- Underwater photographs and underwater videos are forbidden.
- Please remain sensitive to the feelings of others and always stop should you be asked to do so.
- The Puddle Ducks teacher or Poolside Assistant working at the venue has the right to view the images taken and delete any taken at the pool: in all instances the decision of the Puddle Ducks team member is final.
Poolside assistant: A Poolside Assistant is present at the venue during Puddle Ducks lessons.
- Pool temperature: 31-33°C. (We recommend that babies under 13 weeks old wear a BabyWrap or other baby wetsuit; these can be purchased from our shop.)
- Depth: 0.9 metres graduating to 1.4 metres
- Maximum class ratios:
- 9 children/adult pairs:1 teacher (Floaties & Splashers)
- 8 children/adult pairs:1 teacher (Kickers, Little Dippers & Dippers)
- Pool water treatment: Chlorine