All you need to know – Freedom Fitness
Mill Meadow, St Peter Street, Maidstone, Kent, ME16 0SX
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Freedom Fitness – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Freedom Fitness
Parking: Free onsite parking – the entrance to the car park is at the junction of Buckland Hill and St Peter Street; please be aware that your car registration details must be supplied to Freedom Fitness via a terminal at the reception desk or you will receive a fine.
- Report to reception when you arrive at Freedom Fitness where you will be asked to provide your car registration details for free use of the car park.
- Pushchairs can be stored in a designated area near reception at Freedom Fitness; they cannot be taken into the changing rooms.
- A padlock is required to secure the lockers at this venue; please bring one with you.
- We recommend that you bring a changing mat with you to the lessons so that you always have a dry place to change your baby.
- You will be asked to shower before entering the pool – there is a shower poolside.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWrap & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value starter packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson.
- Please note spectators are not permitted poolside at this venue, but there is an onsite café that they are welcome to use.
- Please inform the staff at reception before you leave Freedom Fitness.
- The car park barrier is usually open but if it closed when you leave please ask the gym’s staff for the exit code.
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks has the use of a designated area of the pool during our lessons; the rest of the pool is used by Freedom Fitness members.
Changing rooms: There are large, separate changing rooms for women and men with warm, fresh water showers. Please remember to bring a padlock for the lockers.
Spectators: Unfortunately, spectators are not allowed poolside at this venue; there is an onsite café that they are welcome to use. Please note we cannot allow photographs to be taken at this venue.
Poolside assistant: A Poolside Assistant is present at the venue at key times in the term.
- Pool temperature: 29-30°C. We recommend that children under 18 months old wear a BabyWrap or other baby wetsuit; these can be purchased from our shop.
- Depth: 1.3 metres
- Maximum class ratios:
- 8 children/adult pairs:1 teacher (all weekend classes)
- 9 children/adult pairs:1 teacher (all weekday classes)
- Pool water treatment: Briswim Dry Acid Granules and Sodium Hydrochloride 14/15%