All you need to know – Herons Dale Primary School Hydrotherapy, Shoreham-by-Sea
Hawkins Crescent, Shoreham-by-Sea
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Herons Dale Primary School Hydrotherapy – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Herons Dale Primary School
- Free parking is available - on street for weekday lessons on Hawkins Crescent and onsite at the school at weekends. Hawkins Crescent can be busy with parked cars on weekdays so it is wise to leave a couple of extra minutes to find a space.
- For weekend lessons, Puddle Ducks customers should park as close to the main school entrance as possible.
- At the main school entrance (which is slightly up the hill from Holmbush Academy's entrance) simply enter the site and follow the access road to the school.
- Please note the whole of the school site including the car parks are no-smoking areas.
- There is space to leave pushchairs inside the building where the pool is located.
- We recommend that you bring a small changing mat that can be rolled up and placed in your bag so that you always have a dry place to change your baby.
- You will be asked to shower before entering the pool.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly Eco Swm NappyWrap & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not fully toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value swimming kits which contain everything you need for your swim lesson.
- We recommend that babies under 13 weeks old wear a BabyWrap or other baby wetsuit; these can be purchased from our shop.
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks has exclusive use of the pool during our lessons.
Changing rooms (Tuesday classes):
- Wherever possible you and your child should arrive swim-ready at the venue, i.e. with your swimming costume/trunks/swim nappy on underneath easy to remove clothes. We appreciate that those children still in nappies might need a nappy change just before their lessons; ideally this can be done in the car before entering the building but, if not, please take a change mat to the poolside with you and make sure you have nappy bags and another bag in which to put the nappy bag to ensure there is no waste left visible at the poolside.
- Please bring only the essentials with you in one bag as this will be left poolside during your lesson. For babies, we recommend that you all bring a small changing mat that can be rolled up and placed in your bag.
- There are poolside changing areas available for you to use before and after your class.
Changing rooms (Sunday classes):
- There are separate changing rooms for women and men .
- There is no lockable storage in the changing rooms so please do not bring valuables.
- Spectators are welcome poolside at this venue.
- Please keep noise to a minimum so as not to disrupt the class.
- Outdoor shoes are not allowed in the pool hall.
- The pool hall is really warm here so we recommend that spectators bring water with them to keep hydrated.
- As space is quite limited, we kindly ask that spectators only enter the pool hall for the duration of the class they are watching.
Photography and Videos:
- You may only take photographs or video footage during ‘splash time’ and must not interfere with the lesson.
- Your child/relative must move to the side of the pool away from the rest of the customers so that they are not visible in the image (including the background).
- Underwater photographs and underwater videos are forbidden.
- Please remain sensitive to the feelings of others and always stop should you be asked to do so.
- The Puddle Ducks teacher or Poolside Assistant working at the venue has the right to view the images taken and delete any taken at the pool: in all instances the decision of the Puddle Ducks team member is final.
Poolside assistant: A Poolside Assistant is present at the venue during Puddle Ducks lessons.
- Pool temperature: 33°C. (We recommend that babies under 13 weeks old wear a BabyWrap or other baby wetsuit; these can be purchased from our shop.)
- Depth: 1.2 metres
- Maximum class ratios: 6 children/adult pairs:1 teacher
- Pool water treatment: Chlorine