All you need to know – the New Beacon School
Brittains Lane, Sevenoaks, Kent, TN13 2PB
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at the New Beacon School – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: the New Beacon School
Parking: There is ample free parking in the onsite car park adjacent to the pool; there will be signs to direct you to the changing rooms and pool.
- We recommend that you bring a changing mat with you to the lessons so that you always have a dry place to change your baby.
- You will be asked to shower before entering the pool.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWrap & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value starter packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson.
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks has exclusive use of the pool during our lessons.
Changing rooms: There are separate changing rooms for women and men with warm, fresh water showers and benches for convenient baby changing. There is no lockable storage in the changing rooms so please do not bring valuables.
Spectators: Spectators can sit poolside; outdoor shoes are not allowed in the pool hall.
Poolside assistant: A Poolside Assistant is present at the venue during Puddle Ducks lessons.
- Pool temperature: 31-33°C. We recommend that babies under 13 weeks old wear a BabyWrap or other baby wetsuit; these can be purchased from our shop.
- Depth: 1 metres graduating to 1.4 metres
- Maximum class ratios: 9 children/adult pairs:1 teacher
- Pool water treatment: Sodium Hypochlorite