All you need to know – Oak Grove College Hydrotherapy, Worthing
Oak Grove College (rear entrance), The Boulevard, Worthing, West Sussex BN13 1JX (PLEASE USE THE REAR ENTRANCE ON THE A2032 - See 'Parking' for more directions)
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Oak Grove College – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Oak Grove College
- The car park is off the A2032, heading towards Littlehampton. The car park is on the left hand side just before the Durlington roundabout.
- Heading towards Brighton on the A2032, the car park is on the right hand side just after the Durlington roundabout. There is no right turn into the entrance from this direction, so you have to go a little further down the A2032, towards Brighton and do a u-turn back towards the Durlington roundabout.
- Enter through the gates, turn left and park in one of the designated spaces just beyond the zebra crossing.
- The entrance to the pool building is back past the zebra crossing, the way you will have driven in. Follow the path round to the left and the pool entrance is through the grey gate. Take the double doors on your right hand side.
- The entrance to the pool building is through a grey gate at the right hand corner of the car park as you enter, by the bicycle store.
- Pushchairs may be stored outside of the building but there is no covered storage for them so please ensure you bring a rain cover if you bring a pushchair on wet days.
- Please remove your shoes as you enter the pool building.
- Please note – Consistent with most swimming pools - no food or drink to is to be consumed in any of the pool buildings including the changing rooms. Please can we also make you are aware that all of our venues are nut free as we do have some customers with known allergies.
- We recommend that you bring a small changing mat that can be rolled up and placed in your bag so that you always have a dry place to change your baby.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly Eco Swm NappyWrap & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value swimming kits which contain everything you need for your swim lesson.
- We recommend that babies under 13 weeks old wear a BabyWrap or other baby wetsuit; these can be purchased from our shop.
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use of the pool during our lessons.
- There are separate changing rooms for women and men.
- There is no lockable storage in the changing rooms so please do not bring valuables.
- There is limited space for spectators to watch from the doors into the pool; at busy times it may be necessary to spectate in 'shifts' with others.
- Please keep noise to a minimum so as not to disrupt the class.
- Please note we cannot allow photographs to be taken at this venue.
Poolside assistant: A Poolside Assistant is present at the venue during Puddle Ducks lessons.
- Pool temperature: 34°C-35°C. (We recommend that babies under 13 weeks old wear a BabyWrap or other baby wetsuit; these can be purchased from our shop.)
- Depth: 1.2 metres graduating to 1.5 metres
- Maximum class ratios: 8 children/adult pairs:1 teacher
- Pool water treatment: Sodium Hypochlorite