Term Dates can be found on the pool Timetable page
All you need to know – St Michael's School, Otford
Otford Court, Otford, Sevenoaks, Kent, TN14 5RY
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at St Michael’s School – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: St Michael’s School
- There is ample free parking in the main school car park.
- Puddle Ducks customers should park as close to the main school building as possible; there will be signs to direct you to the pool.
- We recommend that you bring a small changing mat that can be rolled up and placed in your bag so that you always have a dry place to change your baby.
- You will be asked to shower before entering the pool.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly Eco Swm NappyWrap & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not fully toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value swimming kits which contain everything you need for your swim lesson.
- We recommend that children under 12 months old wear a BabyWrap or other baby wetsuit; these can be purchased from our shop.
- All swimmers (including babies) are required to wear a swim hat at this venue - we provide a disposable version for those adults who prefer not to buy a reusable swim hat and we have fabric swim hats for children that you can purchase from us at the pool.
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks has exclusive use of the pool during our lessons.
- There are separate changing rooms for women and men.
- There is no lockable storage in the changing rooms so please do not bring valuables.
- We do not allow spectators poolside at this venue but there is a viewing area for spectators that runs the length of the pool.
- Please keep noise to a minimum.
- We kindly ask that spectators only enter the viewing area for the duration of the class they are watching.
- Please note we cannot allow photographs to be taken at this venue.
Poolside assistant: A Poolside Assistant is present at the venue during Puddle Ducks lessons.
- Pool temperature: 29.5°C-30.5°C. (We recommend that children under 12 months old wear a BabyWrap or other baby wetsuit; these can be purchased from our shop.)
- Depth: 1 metre
- Maximum class ratios:
- 9 children/adult pairs:1 teacher (Floaties, Splashers, Kickers, Little Dippers & Dippers) - a parent or carer is required to be in the water with each child
- 4 children: 1 teachers (Swim Academy Level 1 & Level 2)
- Pool water treatment: Chlorine