All you need to know – the Tonbridge School Centre
London Road, Tonbridge, Kent, TN10 3AD
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at the Tonbridge School Centre – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: the Tonbridge School Centre
Parking: There is ample free, onsite parking.
- If you use one of the car parks other than that located beyond the main building or travel to the venue on foot, please use the main entrance to the building. The changing rooms and pool are on the lower level and be accessed by a lift.
- Pushchairs can be left in the area next to the entrance to the changing rooms (please do not block any doors or restrict access to the lift); pushchairs cannot be taken into the changing rooms.
- Please remove all shoes and socks before entering the changing rooms.
- You will need a £1 coin for a locker.
- We recommend that you bring a changing mat with you to the lessons so that you always have a dry place to change your baby.
- You will be asked to shower before entering the pool.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWrap & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value starter packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson.
- There is a lovely café area overlooking the pool for customers and visitors use.
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks has the use of a designated area of the pool during our lessons; the rest of the pool is used by members of the Leisure Club.
Changing rooms: There are separate communal changing rooms for women and men with benches for convenient baby changing in addition to unisex cubicles. Warm, fresh water showers, hairdryers and a swimsuit water extractor are available for use.
Spectators: Spectators can sit poolside (babies must be taken out of car seats due to the risk of overheating); outdoor shoes are not allowed in the pool hall. Spectators may also use the café area overlooking the pool. Please note we cannot allow photographs to be taken at this venue.
Poolside assistant: A Poolside Assistant is present at the venue at key times in the term. (There are always two lifeguards on duty as well as your qualified teacher.)
- Pool temperature: 29°C. We recommend that children under 18 months old wear a BabyWrap or other baby wetsuit; these can be purchased from our shop.
- Depth: 1.2 metres graduating to 1.4 metres
- Maximum class ratios: 9 children/adult pairs:1 teacher
- Pool water treatment: UV + automatic chlorine dosing