It was great to have a record number of nominations for our Teacher of the Term competition. The quality of our teachers make a real difference to your child’s experience in the water and it’s always good to hear such positive feedback.
Hollie had a well deserved win with this nomination;
“I wish to nominate Hollie, I have been taking my son Maxwell since he was 4 weeks old and having spent the last six months with Hollie found her to be a caring, dedicated, professional young women and absolute credit to your establishment, Hollie's patience and persistence was greatly appreciated especially in the first few weeks when my son cried every minute of the first two weeks, she comforted him, reassured me and made us both feel comfortable. Her consistent can do attitude paid off and rubbed off on me because I haven't looked back, both mine and my sons favourite time of the week, he gets so excited when he sees her and it just melts my heart great work Hollie.”
Here is a selection of the best of the rest of the nominations;
- “Vicky is our favourite teacher ever. She is lovely with the children and clearly gets a lot of enjoyment from working with them. The lessons are a lot of fun and she knows how to get the best from each child and well as the boundaries that they are comfortable with.”
- “I would like to vote for Nicki, she is professional, offers genuine kindness and attention to the babies – whilst dealing with a demanding role. She has kick started our child's swimming and love for the water – and always offered a hand whenever needed.
- “I would like to nominate Vicky who teaches our class on Fridays at Croft House Pool. Vicky is warm, friendly and a natural with my daughter Lottie. We haven't really been swimming before and my daughter was initially wary but after 6 weeks of lessons Lottie is much more comfortable in the water and will even go under!”
- “I'd like to nominate Sarah from Worcester who teaches Dyllan. I'm terribly neurotic and refused to let him go in the water, she has helped us both to actually let him start to swim! Without her and Paula's encouraging words, we would have quit! Can't thank her enough for bearing with me.”
- “I would like to nominate our teacher Nicki she is a fantastic teacher because she is enthusiastic with the children and she helps build their confidence in the water in a fun way, she also has words of wisdom for mums when their children are having those uncooperative moments, which gives you the confidence to hang in there and not to give up. I have Nicki to thank for my daughter’s confidence and love of swimming, we look forward to our class every week.”
- “Charlie and myself have newly joined Puddle Ducks and are really really enjoying the class due to Hollie! Hollie was so welcoming, we felt incredibly comfortable and confident in the group and in the water, straight away. It was the first time I had taken my first child Charlie swimming and Hollie's relaxed and friendly attitude means we are both loving swimming. She happily and loudly sings the songs, and doesn't get phased by babies crying and mum's water worries! I continue to recommend Puddle Ducks and Hollie to other mums I meet, and will be continuing each term due to a fab teacher.”
- "I’ve been meaning to nominate Nicki for four terms now. She has consistently been amazing in helping Samuel overcome his confidence issues such that now he loves swimming.
Nicki is extremely patient with Samuel and all children in the class, not pushing them too far, but encouraging them to do the best they can. Samuel didn’t want to use woggles for ages and Nicki tried all sorts of ideas so that finally he will use them! She asks him what colours he would like, lends him woggles to practice with in the bath and most importantly, he trusts her completely so that he is happy to try what she says.
Nicki ensures that all the children in the class receive the desired attention and looks after those that need additional help with something. It is because of Nicki that Samuel is not only still going swimming, but also really enjoys it!"
- “Rachel has been a fantastic teacher. Her enthusiasm for the lessons is infectious for children and adults! Georgia has gone from nervous to confident thanks to Rachel over 18 months. This term Rachel has supported Georgia in progressing from little dippers to dippers and thanks to continuous encouragement Georgia has improved weekly to achieve her 5m badge! Thank you Rachel! Thanks to Georgia’s success we hope that Rachel will be able to teach her younger brother in the future!”
- “Hollie is always enthusiastic during our class. She makes swimming fun for babies and mums and installs confidence in us all. Hollie interacts wonderfully with our children and genuinely cares about their improvement each week. I really don’t need 150 words Hollie is fab and has made our first term wonderful, a real credit to Puddle Ducks."
Thank you to all our customers who took the time to make a nomination.