Malvern College, MALVERN
Baby & Pre-School swimming lessons available
We can't wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Malvern College - in the meantime, here's some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
All you need to know - Malvern College
If you are attending our Malvern College pool for the first time or it is not your regular pool, please read the information below:
Parking: There are 60 parking spaces in the car park off the Thirlstane Road entrance and further parking by the Woodshears Road entrance. The closest car park to the sports centre is the Thirlstane Road entrance.
- Please arrive no more then 10 minutes before the start of your lesson and leave the changing rooms within 15 minutes of your lessons finishing, this will enable our staff time to clean the changing rooms in between our lessons.
- Puddle Ducks have exclusive use during hire times.
- IMPORTANT - Look out for and read the Puddle Ducks signs and notices please
- Please do not enter the pool unless told to do so by your teacher.
- Strictly no eating or smoking on the premises
- There is a Puddle Ducks poolside assistant present.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly nappy wraps and liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained.
One large changing room for females and another large changing room for males both with direct access to pool.
If you are in the first class (10.30am Floaties class) we ask that you not arrive for your lesson till 10.20am and if you arrive before this time you do not proceed to the changing rooms or poolside, you can queue down the walkway between the 2 changing rooms and then at 10.20am your Poolside Assistant will let you onto the poolside where you can proceed to the benches on the far side of the pool to get ready for your lesson and leave you bags at the side of the pool. Following your lesson you can exit the pool, collect your belongings, and proceed straight to the changing rooms to get change. We recommend that you arrive beach ready and already in your swim wear to minimise the time to get ready for your lesson.
Spectators are allowed to watch the lessons but they are not allowed in the changing rooms and must remove shoes when coming Poolside. Spectators can sit on the wooden benches to watch the lessons.
Outdoor shoes should be removed and left as you enter the pool hall please
- Malvern College have asked that pushchairs are not bought into the changing rooms, we recommend that you use car seats or a baby sling and these can be left in the changing rooms whilst you have your lessons. There is a small amount of space in the reception area for pushchairs - these are left at your own risk (please do not leave any valuables in the pushchairs/prams)
- Please ensure you put all your belongings in a bag when you are in your lesson so other customers and members have space to change
- Please bring a changing mat for your little one (Floaties, Splashers & Kickers) to use in the changing rooms
- Please do not allow your children to climb on the changing room benches
- Please take ALL nappies home with you
- Please bring your towels poolside for your babies
- Please supervise your child at all times
- Pool Temp: 29 -30oC - FLOATIES AND SPLASHERS MUST WEAR A THERMAL WETSUIT OR A BODY WARMER
- Pool Dimensions: 13 x 25m
- Depth: 0.9m graduating to 2m, roped off at 1.4m
- Max Preschool Class Ratios: 10 children/adult pairs:1 teacher
There is seating and a Starbucks coffee shop in the foyer which customers may enjoy after classes.
A well fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly nappy wraps and liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained.