Baby & Pre-School and Swim Academy swimming lessons available
We can't wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at TruGym - in the meantime, here's some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
All you need to know - TruGym
If you are attending our TruGym pool for the first time or it is not your regular pool, please read the information below:
Parking: There is a pay and display car park on Weavers Wharf.
- Please arrive no more then 10 minutes before the start of your lesson and leave the changing rooms within 15 minutes of your lessons finishing, this will enable our staff time to clean the changing rooms in between our lessons.
- Please may we remind anyone swimming in the 8.05am classes on a Sunday Morning that you will only be able to gain entry to TruGym at 8.00am so we ask your children arrive beach ready so they are ready for their lessons as soon as you arrive, you will then be able to sign in and head straight for the changing rooms and proceed to poolside ready for the lessons to begin at 8.05am
- Please go to Reception on arrival to sign in. £1 or a locker card which can be obtained from Reception is required to operate the lockers in the both changing rooms.
- IMPORTANT - Look out for and read the Puddle Ducks signs and notices please
- Please do not enter the pool unless told to do so by your teacher.
- Strictly no eating or smoking on the premises
- Puddle Ducks use a roped off area, members have use of the rest of the pool.
- There is a Puddle Ducks poolside assistant present during some of the classes.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly nappy wraps and liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained.
- One large changing room for females and another for males with direct access to pool. The Puddle Ducks changing area is at the bottom of the changing rooms highlighted by Puddle Ducks posters on the lockers.
- Unfortunately, spectators will not be allowed at TruGym, the practical layout and very small space poolside means we have decided to maintain a no-spectators policy to keep everyone as safe as possible.
- (If you require assistance due to a disability (either your own disability or your child’s), then you are able to bring a spectator to help as necessary.)
- Outdoor shoes should be removed before coming poolside
- Please bring a changing mat for your little one (Floaties, Splashers & Kickers) to use in the changing rooms
- Please do not allow your children to climb on the changing room benches
- Please take ALL nappies home with you
- Please bring your towels poolside for your babies
- Please supervise your child at all times
Swim Academy Lessons:
We ask that when attending a lesson for Swim Academy the accompanying adults remains in the changing room during the lesson to enable our staff to locate you easily if needed.
- Pool Temp: 29.7-30oC - FLOATIES AND SPLASHERS MUST WEAR A THERMAL WETSUIT OR A BODY WARMER
- Pool Dimensions: 20m x 8m
- Depth: 1.2m throughout
- Max Preschool Class Ratios: 8 children/adult pairs:1 teacher
- Max Swim Academy Class Ratio Level 1 & 2: 4 children: 1 teacher
- Max Swim Academy Class Ratio Level 3 & 4: 8 children/adult pairs:1 teacher
Nearest Cafe: M&S Cafe, 18-19 Lower Mill St, Kidderminster DY11 6UU
Nearest Park: St. Georges Park, Radford Ave, Kidderminster DY10 2ES