We can't wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Wollescote Primary School - in the meantime, here's some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
All you need to know - Wollescote Primary School
If you are attending our Wollescote Primary School pool for the first time or it is not your regular pool, please read the information below:
Parking: Parking is available on Drummond Road and on Bald’s Lane in the immediate vicinity of the school.
Please access the school by foot. The gate is electronically operated from the school office outside of normal school dropping off times. Press the button at the pedestrian gate and let the school office know you are there for Puddle Ducks swimming lessons. The school office will open the gate for you. As you walk through the gate you will see red railings ahead of you to the right. Head towards the railings and the pool building is in front of you. The entrance to the pool building faces the red railings. As you enter the building, the female changing is on the left and the male changing on the right. There is a viewing area between the changing rooms for guests.
- Please arrive no more then 10 minutes before the start of your lesson and leave the changing rooms within 15 minutes of your lessons finishing, this will enable our staff time to clean the changing rooms in between our lessons.
- Puddle Ducks have exclusive use during hire times.
- IMPORTANT - Look out for and read the Puddle Ducks signs and notices please
- Please do not enter the pool unless told to do so by your teacher.
- Strictly no eating or smoking on the premises
- There is a Puddle Ducks poolside assistant present.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly nappy wraps and liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained.
One changing room for females and another for males with direct access to pool.
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT CHANGING WILL BE COMMUNAL, THERE IS ONE CLOSED CUBICLE IN EACH CHANGING ROOOM AND A DISABLED TOLIET WHICH CAN BE USED IF NEEDED. WE THEREFORE ADVISE THAT YOU COME AND LEAVE BEACH READY AND CLOTHES EASY TO GET ON AND OFF
- Spectators are allowed to watch the lessons but they must watch from the viewing window and are not allowed in the changing rooms or poolside.
- If you require assistance due to a disability (either your own disability or your child’s), then you are able to bring a spectator to help as necessary.
- Outdoor shoes should be removed and left as you enter the building please
- Please bring a changing mat for your little one (Floaties, Splashers & Kickers) to use in the changing rooms
- Please do not allow your children to climb on the changing room benches
- Please take ALL nappies home with you
- Please bring your towels poolside for your babies
- Please supervise your child at all times
- To help keep the changing room clean please remove all outdoor shoes before entering. Shoes should be stored in the baskets provided. Where shoes cannot be removed overshoes are provided.
- There is no space for Pushchairs to be left on site or in the building you will need to carry or use a car seat to bring your little one to your lesson.
Please remember this is a school with children learning and playing, we ask when you arrive you make your way straight to the pool hall and once you have changed after your lesson you leave site immediately.
- Pool Temp: 30-31oC
- Pool Dimensions: 13m x 7m
- Depth: 1.1m across the pool
- Max Preschool Class Ratios: 10 children/adult pairs:1 teacher