All you need to know – Applefields School, York
Bad Bargain Lane, York, YO31 0LW
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Applefields School Hydrotherapy Pool – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Applefields School - a fabulous warm spacious hydrotherapy pool excellent for Puddle Ducks classes.
Parking: Large free car park in the school grounds in front of the pool entrance.
- Please sign in at the main school reception to gain access to the pool
- A door code is required for entry, this is emailed out prior to your first class
- Please remove outdoor shoes at the changing room entrance or use shoe covers
- Please shower before entering the pool –showers are in the changing rooms and poolside
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained
Changing rooms: 3 private changing rooms are available and a large open plan changing room. Showers are available poolside and in changing rooms. A travel cot and changing mats are provided.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use of the pool.
Access: Spectators can sit poolside.
- Pool temperature: 34°C
- Poolside assistant: There is no Puddle Ducks poolside assistant at this pool
- Depth: 1.2 meters throughout
- Maximum class ratios: 6 children/adult pairs:1 teacher (Floaties & Splashers)
Helping you to make your special time last even longer…that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the class with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
Waitrose Café - Foss Islands Road, York, YO31 7UL
Closest soft play
Creepy Crawlies - The Web Adventure Park, Wigginton Road, York, YO32 2RH. Inside Creepy Crawlies you will find a role play village “Bugginton” with a shop, cottage, a vets and a DIY store. Little-ones can enjoy a variety of role-play and dressing up, construction, musical instruments, craft, puppets and messy play offered week days in term time. There are separate Play Zones including a baby and toddler area.