Swimming with your baby is one of the most wonderful experiences you can share together. It offers your little one a unique sensory experience and helps them develop confidence in water that will last them a lifetime.
During our Baby & Pre-school programme, you will have time to really focus on your baby or young child one-to-one. It’s a great way to bond with and an enjoyable way for you both to relax together.
We have spent many years developing progressive lesson plans that help develop children into swimmers from an early age. Our approach to swimming ensures that your child’s needs are expertly fulfilled and will nurture their confidence in the water.
During Puddle Duck’s Baby & Pre-school programmes, our teachers adapt the activities to suit each child's individual needs. Taught in lovely warm pools with a maximum of ten children, our classes incorporate rhyme, music and movement based on extensive child development research. We’ve even had professional musicians help to write our unique class songs.
Our classes offer children the chance to learn the importance of water safety, including personal survival. These are invaluable skills to develop at such a young age, and will instil a confidence and respect for the water that will last a lifetime.
Our lessons are so well received that the children we teach can often swim over 10 metres before they start school. That’s the Puddle Ducks difference!
Our Baby & Pre-school programme is offered through six levels:
Floaties (birth to 6 months)
- Babies love the freedom of movement and buoyancy the water offers
- They will learn important signals that will help create a basis for learning in future Puddle Ducks lessons
- Parents can enjoy magical bonding time
Splashers (6 to 15 months)
- As they get older, your baby will begin to gain stronger back and head control
- They will now be able to swim with woggles and jump in the pool, developing the skills needed to be strong swimmers in the future
- Our Splashers especially love splashing and blowing bubbles in the water!
Kickers (15 to 30 months)
- Toddlers will have the chance to splash, jump in, kick their legs and chase Puddle Ducks tools around the pool
- Our Kickers classes introduce interaction with other children through fun games and activities
- Kickers become extremely comfortable with taking little swims on their own, both with woggles and unaided
- Child must be 30 months old unless already a Kicker with Puddle Ducks
- Let your child enjoy the water with new found independence
- They will begin to gain the confidence to do things on their own, like enter and exit the pool
- They will begin to swim small distances completely unaided
Dippers (2 to 4 years)
- Exclusively for children progressing from Little Dippers
- Our Dippers classes focus on coordination and propulsion
- Balls, floats and woggles are used to help your child improve their alignment and style
- They will begin to form their own swimming style and you’ll begin to see their swims get longer and longer!
Dabblers (3+ years)
- Exclusively for children (aged 3+) progressing from Dippers classes
- Watch from the poolside as your child's swimming ability goes from strength to strength
- We help them to develop their balance and coordination further and to move smoothly and efficiently through the water
- At this stage, our swimmers also start to learn lifesaving skills