Baby & Pre-school Swimming Teacher
Puddle Ducks is one of the UK's leading national swim schools, teaching children how to swim in a fun, engaging and unique way. Puddle Ducks swimming teachers are at the heart of what we do - delivering individually tailored lessons to small groups and able to get the best out of every child.
Our success is totally dependent on having the best teachers, where commitment, passion, loyalty and the ability to create a great rapport with parents, carers, babies and children are all essential.
This is an excellent opportunity to be a part of our flourishing Puddle Ducks team, still have time with your family AND get paid while you train!
Hours available: Saturday afternoons and weekday cover within 10 miles of West Parley (see other vacancy for Swim Academy Teacher - 4 hours per week can train for this role at the same time for additional hours)Fantastic internal support network and in house training programme.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A passion for children and for teaching.
- No previous Swimming Teaching experience is necessary as full training will be given.
- Clean Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check (paid for and conducted by Puddle Ducks)
- Computer literate
- You need to be a reasonably competent swimmer (able to swim 25m and dive to the bottom of a 2m pool).
- Valid Driving Licence and use of own car is essential.
- Teaching swimming classes for babies and children from birth to four years.
- Hours will be discussed on application but will most likely be some combination of Saturday and Sunday initially.
- Maintaining a safe and enjoyable experience for your customers
- Sharing a passion for everything to do with baby swimming
- Loving every second of what you do!
Basic qualifications will need to be achieved locally (with our help and support) including STA Baby & Preschool and STA Safety Award (STA SAT).
Puddle Ducks in house training to take place as follows:
September OR October training in the South West
Attendance at this course will be essential to be considered for this role.
Further in pool training will take place locally with our experienced teaching team prior to full qualification.
Additional weekend sessions will be made available with experience if wanted. Weekday sessions may also become available in due course through expansion.
More details on application.
Hourly teaching rate from £15.50 p/h on qualification, rising with experience. £9.50 p/h training rate.
CV's with a full covering email is stage one of our recruitment process.
Maybe our next expert teacher will be YOU...
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Part-time hours: 2.5 per week
Salary: £9.50-£19.00 per hour