All you need to know – Bowles Activity Centre
Sandhill Lane, Eridge Green, East Sussex, TN3 9LW
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Bowles Activity Centre – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Bowles Activity Centre
- There is ample free parking in the main Bowles car park.
- Puddle Ducks customers should park at the top end of the car park, just before the barrier, on the left-hand side.
- We ask that you please adhere to social distancing where possible in the car park area.
- There is a short walk up the hill from the car park (which is lit when it’s dark) to the pool.
- Pushchairs are not allowed into the pool building but there is a sheltered area for wet days.
- Please remove all shoes and socks when entering the pool building.
- We are asking all adults to wear a face mask in the pool building and changing areas, but not in the pool itself.
- We recommend that you bring a small changing mat that can be rolled up and placed in your bag so that you always have a dry place to change your baby.
- There are no showers at this venue.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly Eco Swm NappyWrap & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value swimming kits which contain everything you need for your swim lesson.
- We recommend that babies under 26 weeks old wear a BabyWrap or other baby wetsuit; these can be purchased from our shop.
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks has exclusive use of the pool during our lessons.
- Wherever possible you and your child should arrive swim-ready at the venue, i.e. with your swimming costume/trunks/swim nappy on underneath easy to remove clothes.
- The changing rooms will not be available for use before your lesson. We appreciate that those children still in nappies might need a nappy change just before their lessons. Ideally this can be done in the car before entering the building but, if not, please take a change mat to the poolside with you and make sure you have nappy bags and another bag in which to put the nappy bag to ensure there is no waste left visible at the poolside.
Before the lesson, you will be asked to change poolside as changing rooms will be reserved for customers changing after their class, so please bring only the essentials with you in one bag as this will be left poolside. For babies, we recommend that you all bring a small changing mat that can be rolled up and placed in your bag.
- For children in Swim Academy Levels 3 and 4 please bring your child poolside and once your child is with the teacher we will ask you to leave the poolside and wait outside the building.
There are changing rooms and poolside changing areas available for you to use after your lesson. Your poolside assistant will advise you which area to use so we can ensure social distancing is maintained at all times. (We ask that you use the cleaning products provided to sanitise any changing areas that you use for your safety.)
We ask all customers to vacate the changing areas and pool building within 10 minutes of your lesson finishing, this is so that we have sufficient time to clean between classes. Your assistance with this is very much appreciated.
- Although we love having spectators at our classes, at this time we will not able to allow any spectators to attend (this includes siblings, second parents, grandparents etc.).
- All of our classes at this time must be attended by one adult and child only.
- By not allowing spectators we are able to practice social distancing more effectively.
Poolside assistant: A Poolside Assistant is present at the venue during Puddle Ducks lessons.
- Pool temperature: 30.5-32°C. (We recommend that babies under 26 weeks old wear a BabyWrap or other baby wetsuit; these can be purchased from our shop.)
- Depth: 1 metre graduating to 1.4 metres
- Maximum class ratios:
- 9 children/adult pairs:1 teacher (Floaties, Splashers, Kickers, Little Dippers & Dippers)
- 8 children/adult pairs: 1 teacher Swim Academy - an adult is only required to be in the water for Level 1 & Level 2 classes
- Pool water treatment: Bromine