All you need to know – Bowles Activity Centre
Sandhill Lane, Eridge Green, East Sussex, TN3 9LW
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Bowles Activity Centre – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Bowles Activity Centre
- There is ample free parking in the main Bowles car park.
- Puddle Ducks customers should park at the top end of the car park, just before the barrier, on the left-hand side.
- There is a short walk up the hill from the car park (which is lit when it’s dark) to the pool.
- Pushchairs are not allowed into the pool building but there is a sheltered area for wet days.
- Please remove all shoes and socks when entering the pool building.
- We are asking all adults to wear a face covering in the pool building and changing rooms, but not in the pool itself.
- We recommend that you bring a small changing mat that can be rolled up and placed in your bag so that you always have a dry place to change your baby.
- There are no showers at this venue.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly Eco Swm NappyWrap & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value swimming kits which contain everything you need for your swim lesson.
- We recommend that babies under 26 weeks old wear a BabyWrap or other baby wetsuit; these can be purchased from our shop.
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks has exclusive use of the pool during our lessons.
- There are separate changing rooms for women and men.
- To reduce the amount of time spent in the changing room, where possible, we recommend that you and your child arrive swim-ready at the venue, i.e. with your swimming costume/trunks/swim nappy on underneath easy to remove clothes.
- There is no lockable storage in the changing rooms so please do not bring valuables.
- We ask all customers to vacate the changing areas and pool building within 10 minutes of your lesson finishing. Your assistance with this is very much appreciated.
- Spectators are welcome poolside at this venue; we reserve the right to review our spectator policy at any time.
- We ask that adult spectators wear face coverings and socially distance where possible inside the pool building.
- Please keep noise to a minimum so as not to disrupt the class.
- Outdoor shoes are not allowed in the pool hall.
Photography and Videos:
- You may only take photographs or video footage during ‘splash time’ and must not interfere with the lesson.
- Your child/relative must move to the side of the pool away from the rest of the customers so that they are not visible in the image (including the background).
- Underwater photographs and underwater videos are forbidden.
- Please remain sensitive to the feelings of others and always stop should you be asked to do so.
- The Puddle Ducks teacher or Poolside Assistant working at the venue has the right to view the images taken and delete any taken at the pool: in all instances the decision of the Puddle Ducks team member is final.
Poolside assistant: A Poolside Assistant is present at the venue during Puddle Ducks lessons.
- Pool temperature: 30.5-32°C. (We recommend that babies under 26 weeks old wear a BabyWrap or other baby wetsuit; these can be purchased from our shop.)
- Depth: 1 metre graduating to 1.4 metres
- Maximum class ratios:
- 9 children/adult pairs:1 teacher (Floaties, Splashers, Kickers, Little Dippers & Dippers) - a parent or carer is required to be in the water with each child
- 8 children/adult pairs: 1 teacher (Swim Academy) - a parent or carer is required to be in the water with each child in Level 1 & Level 2 classes
- Pool water treatment: Bromine