Swimmers MUST read the Covid-related procedures for this pool before they attend lessons - please click here.
All you need to know – Fitzalan High School Pool
Lawrenny Avenue, Cardiff CF11 8XB
Location: Use the entrance clearly signposted for the swimming pool and sports facilities.
Parking: Please park in the Sports Centre/Swimming Pool car park, enter the pool building through the main door.
- Due to limited space if it’s possible to come without a pushchair/car seat please do, but if you bring one it can be left in the entrance lobby outside the changing rooms.
- In order to maintain social distancing, and give our team time to perform essential cleaning, we're asking all our swimmers to try and arrive 'beach ready' (with swimwear underneath your clothes). Enter the building through the main entrance, remove shoes in the lobby and proceed poolside to change for your class.
- After your class you can take your things and use the changing rooms, but please try and be as fast as possible to enable us to clean the changing rooms between each use (no showers please).
- There are no lockers, so please avoid bringing valuable on site if possible.
- We do not recommend you change your young children on the benches, rather bring a change mat or extra towels to the pool and change on the floor
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained
- You can buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swimming lesson.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use of the pool during lessons.
- There are separate male and female changing rooms which you can use after your class.
Poolside Assistant: There a Puddle Ducks poolside assistant at this pool.
- Pool temperature: 32-33°C
Depth: 1m graduating to 2.1m (roped off beyond 1.4m depth).
- Maximum class ratio: 10 children/adult pairs:1 teacher