All you need to know – Freedom Fitness
Mill Meadow, St Peter Street, Maidstone, Kent, ME16 0SX
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Freedom Fitness – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Freedom Fitness
- Free onsite parking – the entrance to the car park is at the junction of Buckland Hill and St Peter Street; please be aware that your car registration details must be supplied to Freedom Fitness or you will receive a fine.
- We ask that you please adhere to social distancing where possible in the car park area.
- Report to reception when you arrive at Freedom Fitness where you will be asked to provide your car registration details for free use of the car park.
- We are asking all adults to wear a face mask in the pool building and changing areas, but not in the pool itself.
- We recommend that you bring a small changing mat that can be rolled up and placed in your bag so that you always have a dry place to change your baby.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly Eco Swm NappyWrap & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not fully toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value swimming kits which contain everything you need for your swim lesson.
- We recommend that babies under 12 months old wear a BabyWrap or other baby wetsuit; these can be purchased from our shop.
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks has the use of a designated area of the pool during our lessons; the rest of the pool and building is used by Freedom Fitness members.
- There are separate changing rooms for women and men.
- Wherever possible you and your child should arrive swim-ready at the venue, i.e. with your swimming costume/trunks/swim nappy on underneath easy to remove clothes. We appreciate that those children still in nappies might need a nappy change just before their lessons; please do this in the car before entering the building but, if not, please make sure you have nappy bags and another bag in which to put the nappy bag to ensure there is no waste left visible in the pool area.
- Please bring only the essentials with you in one bag as this will be left in the pool hall during your lesson. For babies, we recommend that you all bring a small changing mat that can be rolled up and placed in your bag.
- There are changing rooms available for you to use after your lesson; please adhere to social distancing. (We ask that you use the cleaning products provided to sanitise any changing areas that you use for your safety.)
- We ask all customers to vacate the changing rooms and pool building within 10 minutes of your lesson finishing, this is so that we have sufficient time to clean between classes. Your assistance with this is very much appreciated.
- Unfortunately, spectators are not allowed poolside at this venue.
- All of our classes at this time must be attended by one adult and child only.
- By not allowing spectators we are able to practice social distancing more effectively.
Poolside assistant: A Poolside Assistant is present at the venue at key times in the term.
- Pool temperature: 30-31°C. (We recommend that babies under 12 months old wear a BabyWrap or other baby wetsuit; these can be purchased from our shop.)
- Depth: 1.3 metres
- Maximum class ratios:
- 8 children/adult pairs:1 teacher (all weekend classes)
- 9 children/adult pairs:1 teacher (all weekday classes)
- Pool water treatment: Briswim Dry Acid Granules and Sodium Hydrochloride 14/15%