All you need to know – Adelaide Grange
Adelaide Grange (Private House) adjacent to Virgins Alley Lane (please use this road name for Satnav and not the postcode DE6 2DN
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at the Adelaide Grange Pool – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
(Private House) adjacent to Virgins Alley Lane (please use this road name for Satnav and not the postcode, the simplest way to find the pool is to turn off the A515 on the B5033 signposted (Roston, Norbury & Ellastone) once you go past the farm on the right hand side & just past Virgins Alley Lane, slow down as the house is on your right hand side, look out for the black & white candy stripe pole & the Puddle Ducks A Frame at the entrance to the driveway.
Parking: Ample, opposite the pool entrance
- Drive in using the 2nd gate along the road, look out for our Puddle Ducks A Frame
- Park opposite the pool building on the gravel drive way next to the outbuilding
- As you enter the pool hall, please remove your shoes and leave them away from the entrance/exit, Use the 2nd door along on your right to enter the pool hall
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly nappy wraps and liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained.
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page.
- Changing rooms: There are two small private changing rooms and 1 shower. Most parents will use the changing mats provided and change babies poolside at the Jacuzzi end of the pool.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use during hire. before and after our sessions start/finish.
Pool temperature: 29-30 Deg C (For babies and children under 2 years old a Baby wetsuit or Thermal Top will be needed)
Poolside assistant: There is a Puddle Ducks poolside assistant
Depth: 1.3 graduating to 1.8m
Maximum class ratios:
- 7 children & 7 parents :1 teacher (Floaties, Splashers, Kickers, Little Dippers & Dippers)
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the class with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
Just head back down the A515 towards Ashbourne and you will see the Fairways Garden Centre on your right, perfect for coffee and cake after your class, hot and cold food, families welcomed. The added bonus of gorgeous cards, gifts and toys too, need we say any more.