We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at the Gayton Pool – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Gayton Swimming Pool
Gayton Avenue, Littleover, Derby, DE23 1GA
Parking: As you enter the school grounds keep to the right where you will see the pool building , park at the side or directly in front of the pool
COVID Procedures for this pool
- On entering reception please remove your shoes and place them on the shoe rack
- The Male and Female changing rooms are accessed on the right as you enter the pool corridor
- Please use the shower poolside before entering the water
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
Changing rooms: Male and Female changing rooms with benches and 2 private changing cubicles in each of the changing rooms.
Exclusivity: Puddle have exclusive use of the pool
Pool temperature: 30 Deg C ( For babies and children under 2 years old a Baby or Mini Wetsuit or Thermal Top will be needed. These can be purchased from our online shop.’)
Poolside assistant: There is no Puddle Ducks poolside assistant but 2 lifeguards are present
Depth: 1.2m constant
Maximum class ratios:
- 8 children/adult pairs:1 teacher (Floaties, Splashers & Kickers)
- 8 children/adult pairs:1 teacher (Little Dippers & Dippers)
Helping you to make your special time last even longer…that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the class with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
Closest Play Park
Lots to do here including a mini steam train, paddling pool, 2 large play areas, Lake, Paint a Pot, Café’s and shops too
Follow the directions above into Littleover, turn right and you will see the Butlers Pantry on your left hand side, parking is on the right in front of the shops
Closest soft play
Award winning Hickory Dickory’s is just a few minutes away, please click on the link for directions etc