We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at the Gayton Pool – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Gayton Swimming Pool
Gayton Avenue, Littleover, Derby, DE23 1GA
Parking: As you enter the school grounds keep to the right where you will see the pool building , park at the side or directly in front of the pool
- On entering reception please remove your shoes and place them on the shoe rack
- The Male and Female changing rooms are accessed on the right as you enter the pool corridor
- Please use the shower poolside before entering the water
- A well-fitting neoprene nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly nappy wraps and liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained.
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
Changing rooms: Male and Female changing rooms with benches and 2 private changing cubicles in each of the changing rooms.
Exclusivity: Puddle have exclusive use of the pool
Pool temperature: 30 Deg C ( For babies and children under 2 years old a Baby or Mini Wetsuit or Thermal Top will be needed. These can be purchased from our online shop.
Poolside assistant: There is no Puddle Ducks poolside assistant but 2 lifeguards are present
Depth: 1.2m constant
Maximum class ratios:
- 8 children/adult pairs:1 teacher (Floaties, Splashers & Kickers)
- 8 children/adult pairs:1 teacher (Little Dippers & Dippers)