All you need to know – Choices Health Club
Choices Health Club, Spondon, East Service Road, Derby, Derbyshire, DE21 7BB
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at the Choices Health Club – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Choices Health Club Pool
Parking: Ample, either at the front of the health club or around the back
- On entering reception please tick yourself off on the class register which you can find on the health club reception desk
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- All Swim Academy Children must wear swim hats in the pool. You can find these plus our range of goggles and other Swim Accessories here
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
- Spectators need to sign in using the visitors log
- The pool is accessed through the shower area and up the steps into the pool hall It is very warm poolside so please do ensure you bring some water
- Only one spectator per family swimming please
- £1 or or token required for lockers (Female changing room)
- Male's will need a padlock for their changing room lockers
Changing rooms: Large Male and Female changing rooms with benches and 2 private changing cubicles in each of the changing rooms.
Exclusivity : Puddle use ¾ of the pool space with a lane for member to swim
Access: Spectators can sit poolside. Seating is provided
Pool temperature: 29-30 Deg C ( For babies and children under 2 years old a Baby or Mini Wetsuit or Thermal Top will be needed. These can be purchased from our online shop.’)
Poolside assistant: There is no Puddle Ducks poolside assistant
Depth: 1.2m constant
Maximum class ratios:
- 8/9 children/adult pairs:1 teacher (Floaties, Splashers & Kickers)
- 8/9 children/adult pairs:1 teacher (Little Dippers & Dippers)
- Dabblers 8 Children/adult pairs :1 teacher
- Swim Academy levels 1 & 2 (4:1 or 8:2)
- Swim Academy Levels 3 & 4 (8:1 or 12:2) Max
- Swim Academy Levels 5 & 6 (10:1) Max
Helping you to make your special time last even longer…that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the class with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
Closest Play Park
After you leave the pool, take the road out of the Health Cub to the right, turn right heading towards Spondon go through the Chemical works and over the railway crossing at the roundabout turn right, follow this road into Borrowash and then turn right after the traffic lights. Follow the road until you see the Brown Tourist sign for Elvaston Castle. Turn right into this beautiful Country Park with a play area too
Just pop onto the A52 towards Derby, take the 1st slip road off the dual carriageway and you will come to the Wyvern retail Park, here you will find a Costa Coffee, Mc Donlald’s, Burger King, Pizza Hut, Frankie and Benny’s, Starbucks, Subway and Greggs.
Closest soft play
On the same retail park you will also find in the DW Derby building there is a soft play centre in the upper level