All you need to know - Heatherwood School
Leger Way, Doncaster, DN2 6HQ
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Heatherwood School – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you will find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Heatherwood School
Parking: Free and available in the school car park.
- Please park only in marked bays. As the classes are after school hours, there should be no problem with finding a space.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
Changing Rooms: There are two changing rooms, one for male and one for female changing. A separate area is made available for family changing so please speak to a member of the team about where to change on arrival. The changing areas do have limited space, so please be courteous to other parents and don’t leave your belongings on seats or beds when you are in the pool.
Please try not to arrive more than 15 mins before the start of your class to assist with changing rooms not becoming too overcrowded
Please try to vacate the changing area as quickly as possible after your class to make room for the next group of parents. This is particularly important if you attend the last class of the day as we need to vacate the premises 15 minutes after the classes have ended.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use during hire.
Access: Through the school’s main entrance. Staff will allow access. If no one is in the school office on arrival, please wait in the entrance and someone will be with you to let you in within a few minutes. Spectators are allowed poolside and enter the same way, straight on to poolside from the school corridor.
- Pool Temperature: 34°C Warm hydro temperature so there is no need for a baby warmer.
- Poolside Assistant: There is a poolside assistant at this pool
- Depth: 0.5 graduating to approx. 1.16m
- Maximum Class Ratios: 8 Children/adult pairs : 1 Teacher (Floaties, Splashers, Kickers, Little Dippers and Dippers)
Helping you to make your special time last even longer…that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers, so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the class with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
- Sandall Beat Wood: Directly behind the school, off Leger Way this is an ideal park for cycling, walking, picnics and nature trails, with a great outdoor play area.
Closest Soft play:
- Play Zone at The Dome: More fun-packed activity, plus a café too.
- Time2Play: This is a lovely soft-play area with everything to keep our little one entertained. It has a great under 5's area too. Use your Puddle Ducks loyalty card to get a 50% discount on entry. See more information in our partner area.
Other Local Attractions:
- Depending on the day and time of year, have a look what is happening at Doncaster Racecourse
- Boston Park Farm: The perfect place to enjoy the outdoors, feed the animals, explore the corn maze and enjoy the play areas. There is an inside sandpit and crafts for when it's rainy too! Use your Puddle Ducks loyalty card to get 50% discount on your child's entry. See more information in our partner area.
You might like:
- Music Bugs: Interactive, sensory and play-based music classes around Doncaster. See more information in our partner area.