All you need to know – Portfield School
Parley Lane, Christchurch BH23 6BP
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Portfield School – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Portfield School
Parking: Ample free parking outside the school.
- Secure codes are in place at this venue. On arrival the gate will be locked. Call the “Therapy Pool Reception” and say you are with Puddle Ducks on the key code and we will let you in.
- Once you have parked follow the pathway to the Swimming Pool entrance
- Please remove your outdoor shoes on arrival and leave in the entrance.
- There is a code to gain access to the internal door – please make sure you bring this with you to gain access – your local team can provide the code (if you forget, ring the bell and we will let you in)
- You will be asked to shower before entering the pool – there is a shower poolside
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained.
- There are no nappy bins at this venue so please take your nappy home with you.
- No food is permitted on the poolside or in the changing rooms, please save your child’s snack until after you have left the pool.
Changing rooms: Spacious changing rooms with 8 large family sized changing cubicles, including one with baby changer.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use during hire.
Access: Spectators can sit poolside.
- Pool temperature: 32-33°C
- Poolside assistant: There is a Puddle Ducks poolside assistant
- Depth: 1.3m throughout
- Maximum class ratios:
- 8 children/adult pairs:1 teacher (Floaties, Splashers, Kickers, Little Dippers, Dippers, Development)
- 8 children/adult pairs:2 teachers (Dabblers, Intermediate)
Helping you to make your special time last even longer…that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the class with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
West Parley Play Area, Christchurch Road, West Parley
Blossom Café, Plowman’s Garden Centre, 392 Christchurch Road, West Parley BH22 8SW
Wyevale Garden Centre, 359 Christchurch Road, West Parley BH22 8SJ
Closest soft play
Monkey Madness Reid Street, Christchurch, Dorset BH23 2BT.
Other local attractions
Adventure Wonderland Merritown Lane, Hurn, Christchurch BH23 6BA. 30 rides and attractions including large soft play. Ideal for little ones.
Bournemouth Aviation Museum Merritown Lane, Hurn, Christchurch BH23 6BA
Snowtrax Matchams Lane, Christchurch BH23 6AW. Dry ski slope with ski/snowboarding lessons, ski bobbing and ringos, plus Alpine Adventure Park and restaurant if you don’t want to hit the slopes!
Moors Valley Country Park Horton Road, Ringwood BH24 2ET. Fantastic family location including play trail, 2 adventure playgrounds, steam train.
Avon Heath Country Park, Birch Road, Ringwood BH24 2DA
If you need to contact us, here’s your local Puddle Ducks office details:
Call us on 01202 674676
Email us on email@example.com