We are recruiting for someone to join our team to teach in Caversham, Reading, on a Sunday morning (8am - 11.45am).
Other weekday sessions are available in addition to these hours for the right candidates.
💦 Teaching excellent Swimming Classes for children aged between 0-5 years old.
💦 Maintaining a safe and enjoyable experience for your customers.
💦 Sharing a passion for baby and child swimming.
💦 Loving every second of what you do!
Our Baby and Pre-school programme is a wonderful bonding experience. Progressive lesson plans instil a water confidence and a love of swimming, our nurturing teachers tailor activities to the child's abilities and needs.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a passion for children and for teaching.
- Clean Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check (conducted by Puddle Ducks).
- Must have access to a computer and printer for essential teacher administration.
- You need to be a competent swimmer (able to swim 25m and dive to the bottom of the pool).
- Valid Driving Licence and use of own car is essential.
No previous Swimming Teaching experience is necessary as full Puddle Ducks training will need to be undertaken, but basic qualifications will need to be achieved at your own cost after a successful interview. Prices for these courses vary based on location and provider:
- STA Level 2 Baby and Pre School qualification
- STA Safety Award for Teachers (the cost of this will be refunded to you after successful completion of the Puddle Ducks teaching qualification).
- STA Membership (the cost of this will be refunded to you after successful completion of the Puddle Ducks teaching qualification).
Once your pre requisites are met and a contract is signed, all costs and your time related to the role are paid for by Puddle Ducks.
- It’s a year-round position (not term time only).
- Breaks from teaching are set at Christmas, Easter and Summer with flexibility outside of this if cover is in place.
- Working Saturday and/or Sunday is essential
- During your initial training period salary is £10.50 p/h
- Salaries vary depending on whether it is a weekend or weekday shift and whether you have support from a Poolside Assistant at your pool: Newly qualified teachers can earn £18 hour rising to up to a maximum of £24.50/hr after six months.
- Pay increase after three years in the role.
If this all sounds amazing, and is perfect for you, we’d love to hear from you! Please email [email protected] to request a full job description and an application form.