All you need to know about classes at Aldridge School
A Walsall based swimming pool from which we run our Baby & Pre-School and our Swim Academy swimming classes for primary school aged children after school. Our expert swimming teachers tailor the lessons to progress every individual at their own pace. We want all of our children to love the water and learn to swim beautifully in a fun, relaxed environment.
We can't wait to welcome you to our Puddle Ducks classes at Aldridge School - in the meantime, here's some information that we hope you find useful.
Location: Aldridge School, Tynings Lane, Aldridge, Walsall WS9 0BG
Parking: There is free parking in the school car park but there are different car parks for the Friday and Saturday sessions
On a Friday
- From the main entrance to the school take the very first turning to the left and continue past the bike shelters on the left, there is a parking area to the left and if you follow the road a little further through the green gate past the back entrance to the School you will find another parking area, 6th form overflow car park to the left.
- Finding the changing rooms from the car park - Follow the path to the left of the car park, through another green gate, keep on the path veering to the left between the school buildings. The Pool building can be found to the left and will be identified by the Puddle Ducks a-frame. Please click here for photos to help guide you to pool as it can be a little bit tricky.
On a Saturday morning
- The main entrance is closed on a Saturday morning and so you will need to use the car park accessed through the gate on Gaydon Road, the postcode is WS9 0SX
- From the car park you will need to walk alongside the concrete sports pitch and fence to the pool
- Please do not come to the pool any sooner than 15 minutes before your class to avoid congestion on the poolside and in the changing rooms
- Parents for Swim Academy swimmers must stay poolside during lessons.
- IMPORTANT - Look out for and read the Puddle Ducks signs and notices please
- Please do not enter the pool unless told to do so by your teacher.
- Strictly no eating or smoking on the premises
- You can find goggles and other Swim Accessories here
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
Changing rooms: There are two changing rooms with direct access to pool. Female changing rooms are accessed to the left of the building and Men’s changing rooms are accessed to the right of the building. There are no lockers, please don’t bring valuables to class.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use during hire. Spectators are welcome in the pool hall but must remove shoes and remain in the spectator area at all times.
- Pool temperature: 29°C
- Poolside assistant: There is a Puddle Ducks poolside assistant
- Depth: 0.9m graduating to 1.6m
- Maximum class ratios: Baby & Preschool classes 10 children: 1 teacher; Swim Academy (Levels 1 & 2) 8 children:2 teachers or 4 children:1 teacher, Swim Academy (Level 3) 8 children:1 teacher
Mobile Phones: Please remember that whilst it is fine to have your phones with you to take photos in Splash Time (as long as there are no other customers in the background), please do not use your phones in the changing rooms.
We look forward to welcoming you to our swimming lessons at Aldridge School!