Welcome to our Queen Mary's Grammar School in Walsall pool venue!
Puddle Ducks have exclusive use of the pool during our lessons. Our expert swimming teachers tailor the lessons to progress every individual at their own pace. We want all of our children to love the water and learn to swim beautifully in a fun, relaxed environment.
You'll find all the information that you need for this pool below.
If you wish to view our timetable and book a class at this venue click here.
We look forward to seeing you at the pool!
Location: Queen Mary’s Grammar School - Sutton Road, Walsall, WS1 2PG
Parking: There is free parking in the top car park, please do not park in the Schools main entrance car park. From the top car park facing the road keep to the right and follow the path to the pool building entrance.
- Please note you will need an access code to get into the pool building which is 3478.
- Please note that we only hire the pool and therefore have no access to fields or school buildings.
- Siblings that aren’t swimming must be supervised by an adult at all times.
- Parents for Swim Academy swimmers must stay poolside during lessons.
- Please do not come to the pool any sooner than 15 minutes before your class to avoid congestion on the poolside and in the changing rooms
- IMPORTANT - Look out for and read the Puddle Ducks signs and notices please
- Please do not enter the pool unless told to do so by your teacher.
- Strictly no eating or smoking on the premises
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly Nappy Wraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Baby Essentials Swim Kits which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- You can find goggles and other Swim Accessories here
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
Changing rooms: We have some lovely new changing rooms at Queen Mary’s Grammar School. Both the male and female changing rooms have showers, toilets and direct access to the poolside. There are some small lockers for essential items such as wallets and phones, these require £1 coin (refundable), please don’t bring valuables to class. Please shower before entering the pool
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use during hire time. Spectators are welcome in the pool hall but must remove shoes and remain in the spectator area at all times.
- Pool temperature: 29-30°C
- Poolside assistant: There is a Puddle Ducks poolside assistant
- Depth: 1.1m sloping to 2m
Maximum Class Ratios:
10 Children/Adult pairs: 1 teacher - Baby and Pre-School classes
4 children/1 teacher or 8 Children/2 teachers - Swim Academy classes (Level 1 & 2)
8 children/1 teacher or 12 children to 2 teachers (Swim Academy Level 3)
10 children/1 teacher or 14 children to 2 teachers (Swim Academy Level 4)
Mobile Phones: Please remember that whilst it is fine to have your phones with you to take photos in Splash Time (as long as there are no other customers in the background), please do not use your phones in the changing rooms.