All you need to know – Shilton Pool - please note we are not able to have spectators at this pool!
**PLEASE BE AWARE THIS IS A PRIVATE POOL. Please follow the directions provided to the pool to ensure we respect the owners property, and please ensure your children are accompanied at all times.**
The Granary, The Hill, Shilton, Nr Burford, OX18 4AG
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at The Granary – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Parking: The Granary has parking on the road near to the property. As this is a residential area, please click on this link for information on where to park.
- The Granary is located near the ford in the village of Shilton.
- If coming from Burford, leave the roundabout following signs for A40 Oxford towards B4020. Take the first right onto the B4020 (Shilton Road). After approximately 2 miles you will come to a dip in the road (Shilton dip) with a crossroads the bottom, take the right turn at the bottom of the dip onto Bridge Street. Follow the street through the village, passing the Rose and Crown pub on your right. The street starts to bear to the right and The Granary is located on your left, at the bottom of The Hill, with a red phone box outside.
- If coming from Lechlade, take the A361 towards Burford. After approximately 5 miles you will come to the Cotswold Wildlife Park crossroads, turn right onto Hen‘n’Chick Lane. Follow the lane for approximately 1 ½ miles and enter the village of Shilton. Carry on straight onto The Hill and The Granary can be found on the right at the bottom of the hill with a red phone box outside.
- If coming from Carterton, take the Shilton Road (B4020) towards Burford. After approximately 1 mile you will come to a dip in the road (Shilton dip) with a crossroads the bottom, take the left turn at the bottom of the dip onto Bridge Street. Follow the street through the village, passing the Rose and Crown pub on your right. The street starts to bear to the right and The Granary is located on your left, at the bottom of The Hill, with a red phone box outside.
- When parking please be considerate to the residents of Shilton and do not block driveways, etc.
- Please note that this is a private residence so please stay within the designated areas to which the owner has allowed us access. You enter the driveway and follow the path round to the right to the pool building. The entrance is through a set of clear double doors.
- As the poolside space is limited, we ask that only one parent/carer attends the lessons.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- All children, from Little Dippers up to Swim Academy (all levels), must wear swim hats. We have hats for our Baby and Pre-school classes and Swim Academy classes in our shop. We also request that parents wear hats or tie their hair up.
Changing rooms: There is a small changing room and larger screened off areas around the pool.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use of this pool during lessons.
Access: No spectators poolside due to Covid-19 restrictions
Poolside assistant: There is a poolside assistant, for our baby and preschool lessons, at this venue.
- Depth: 1.4m (a pool platform is permanently situated in the pool)
- Maximum class ratios:
- 6 children/adult pairs:1 teacher (baby & preschool classes)
- 4 children:1 teacher (Swim Academy Levels 1 & 2)
- 6 children:1 teacher (Swim Academy Level 3 & upwards)
Helping you to make your special time last even longer...that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
You’re likely to be swimming with friends and make new ones along the way, so why not live life swimmingly away from the pool by meeting up before or after class. Here are some local places we think you and your children may like (please check Covid-19 restrictions before visiting these places):
Carterton, Burford and Lechlade offer an abundance of local cafes.
Closest soft play
Other local attractions