All you need to know – St Hugh’s School Faringdon
St Hugh's School, Carswell Manor, Faringdon, Oxfordshire SN7 8PT
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks in Faringdon – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Parking: There is plenty of parking onsite.
When turning off the A420 you then turn right into the school by the tennis courts. Drive past the tennis courts on your right and turn left opposite the Astro-turf pitch.
Follow the road around and then you will find the car park on your left. A map is shown for your information.
Please ensure that you do not park anywhere else on the school grounds other than the car park by the swimming pool, the main school car park must not be used.
When parking near the pool building please do not park parallel to the far wall, instead park nose or tail to the wall.
Timetable: Click Here
- St Hugh's is situated off the A420 between Oxford and Swindon.
- The school is clearly signed driving North or South on the A420 and after turning off the main road the school can be found 300 yards down Carswell Lane.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
Changing rooms: Two changing rooms, both large with a separate toilet. Showers are poolside.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use of this pool during lessons.
Access: There is spectator seating poolside and also a viewing gallery which can be accessed via stairs on the outside of the building to the left of the main entrance to the pool.
Poolside assistant: There is no poolside assistant at this venue
Depth of the pool is 0.9m to 1.6m.
- Maximum class ratios: 10 children/adult pairs:1 teacher
Helping you to make your special time last even longer...that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
You’re likely to be swimming with friends and make new ones along the way, so why not live life swimmingly away from the pool by meeting up before or after class. Here are some local places we think you and your children may like:
There are plenty of cafes and restaurants in the centre of Faringdon which is not a far drive.
Faringdon Coffee House, 4B Market Place, Faringdon, SN7 7HL
Stanford Coffee Shop, 25C High Street, Stanford in the Vale, Faringdon, SN7 8LH
Closest soft play
Darcy Bear , Carterton South Industrial Estate, Black Bourton Road, Carterton, OX18 3EZ
Better Extreme, Carterton Leisure Centre, Broadshires Way, Carterton, OX18 1AA
Other local attractions
Cotswold Wildlife Park & Gardens, Burford, Oxfordshire, OX18 4JP (approx 6 miles)
Farmer Gow’s, Fernham Road, Longcot, Faringdon, SN7 7PR (approx. 10 miles)