All you need to know – Lechlade Riverside House
**PLEASE BE AWARE THIS IS A PRIVATE POOL. Please follow the directions provided to the pool to ensure we respect the owners property, and please ensure your children are accompanied at all times.**
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks in Lechlade – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Riverside House, The High Street, Lechlade Gloucestershire, GL7 3AD
what3words: Entrance to the drive - ///newspaper.empty.scored
Parking: There is no parking onsite, however you will find plenty of free parking in the centre of Lechlade. There will be places to leave your pram or pushchair at the venue.
Timetable: Click here
- Riverside House drive is opposite Tollgate Gallery and the Old Methodist Church/Hall on Lechlade High Street (A417 leading to the A361).
- The entrance to the pool is up the drive at the back of the house. Walk past the house to the end of the building along the high street heading out of Lechlade (do not go down the lane next to The Cats Pyjamas. The image above shows the side of the house closest to the Cats Pyjamas, this is not the side of the house you want). Walk up the drive through the gate, through the car park, and the pool is down on the left. The buggy park is just behind the pool. This will all be clearly sign posted.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
Changing rooms: There are 2 small changing rooms, a toilet and shower and plenty of room around the edge of the pool for your belongings.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use of this pool during lessons
Access: There is limited room poolside so we ask that there are no spectators for busy lessons (such as the weekend classes)
Poolside assistant: There is a poolside assistant at this venue
Additional Information: Due to limited space around the pool, we would advise wearing shoes that can be easily slipped on and off before and after lessons.
- Depth: 0.9 - 1.3m at the deepest point
- Maximum class ratios: 8 children/adult pairs:1 teacher
Helping you to make your special time last even longer...that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
You’re likely to be swimming with friends and make new ones along the way, so why not live life swimmingly away from the pool by meeting up before or after class. Here are some local places we think you and your children may like:
There is a play park next to the Memorial Hall on Oak Street in Lechlade.
Lynwood & Co Cafe, Market Square, Lechlade, GL7 3AD
Vera’s Kitchen, 10 Burford St, Lechlade, GL7 3AP
The Tea Chest, The Riverside, Park End Wharf, Lechlade, GL7 3AQ
Closest soft play
Darcy Bear , Carterton South Industrial Estate, Black Bourton Road, Carterton, OX18 3EZ
Better Extreme, Carterton Leisure Centre, Broadshires Way, Carterton, OX18 1AA
Other local attractions
Cotswold Wildlife Park & Gardens, Burford, Oxfordshire, OX18 4JP (approx 6 miles)
Farmer Gow’s, Fernham Road, Longcot, Faringdon, SN7 7PR (approx. 10 miles)