All you need to know – Empshill Farm - this is a working farm and cars should drive very slowly on site and beware of horses and dogs.
**THIS IS A PRIVATE POOL. Please follow the directions provided for parking and to the pool to ensure we respect the owners property, and please ensure your children are accompanied at all times.**
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Empshill Farm – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Empshill Farm, Farmington, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL54 3ND
what3words: Main entrance - ///uptown.playful.masterpiece
The pool entrance (on foot) - ///flashback.pictures.bookings
Directions: Please ensure that, if using Sat Nav, you type in Empshill Farm directly into your map rather than the post code as this can often take you to the back of the farm instead of the entrance.
Turn off the A40 onto Empshill Road and the farm is up on the right hand side.
Look out for the brown gates to the entrance of the farm.
The entrance to the pool is half way down the hill on the right as you face down the hill, past the bird aviary on your right hand side and down the first set of the stairs on the left, through the patio door.
- Upon arrival at Empshill Farm, drive through the large gate and follow the private road. Please drive very slowly ensuring you are mindful of dogs and horses.
- Drive past the main house on the right and through the farm yard at the top of the hill.
Parking area 1 - turn left down the hill at the end of the stable yard. You can park in the first and second gate area as you head down the hill. There is enough room for at least 6 cars in these spaces. There will be the Teacher and Poolside Assistants cars parked here so you will know it is ok to park. It is also possible for 2 or 3 cars to park facing up the hill by these gate openings, as the road is a bit wider. Please be aware if you do park facing up the hill you must not park on the grass.
Parking area 2 - is the stable yard you drive through to get to the pool. You can park on the left hand side of the yard with your car bonnet facing the stable block. Please do not block any doors, archways or the grey garage. There is enough space for roughly 5 to 6 cars in this area.
Parking area 3 - this is the overflow car park. You can find this if you turn left as you go through the stable yard (you turn right down the hill to the pool). Here you can park 7-8 cars in this area lined up. Car bonnets must be facing down the hill. Please be aware you MUST not park in front of the barns in this area as the machinery is in use and we must not block any of this in.
Timetable: click here
- The entrance to the pool is half way up the hill on the left, down the stairs and through the patio door.
- No food or drink is allowed to be consumed poolside
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- All children, from Little Dippers up to Swim Academy (all levels), must wear swim hats. We have hats for our Baby and Pre-school classes and Swim Academy classes in our shop. We also request that parents wear hats or tie their hair up.
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
Changing rooms: There is a communal changing area on site, please ensure you bring a changing mat. There is a toilet but no shower.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use of this pool during lessons.
Access: Only one spectator per child is allowed. Please note there is no seating at this pool around the poolside.
Poolside assistant: There is a poolside assistant, for our baby and preschool lessons, at this venue.
Technical information: Depth: 1.2m
Helping you to make your special time last even longer...that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
You’re likely to be swimming with friends and make new ones along the way, so why not live life swimmingly away from the pool by meeting up before or after class. Here are some local places we think you and your children may like:
Black Cat Café - Market Pl, Northleach, Cheltenham GL54 3EE
The Old Prison - A429, Fosse Way, Northleach, Cheltenham GL54 3JH
Closest soft play